Thursday, 30 June 2011

A-Z Authors - Y, Z

I found out about this through Phanee from funny wool and is hosted by Heather at Proud Book NerdI thought it looked quite fun so this month, I shall be doing a post every day (except Sundays) where I shall tell you about amazing authors that have surnames beginning with that letter. I hope you enjoy and tell me if you know any more with that letter and I'll add it to the post! Thanks.
NOTE: As I am doing my exams at the moment, I may miss days so shall combine letter together, I'll say if I do in the title - Thanks.
Here we go....

Y

Erm...Well....I don't know many authors with this letter, so sorry! The last ones in the 
alphabet are being annoying and hard...


Z

Gabrielle Zevin

I love this woman and her books. They are very YA with the whole falling in love thing happening but they are really interesting and have a deeper meaning behind them. Her books explore things we have no idea about like after death, amnesia to name a few. They help deal with these things but make it very enjoyable at the same time. Her writing is very good too and flows well as well as her variety of original characters, situations and settings. She helps make you think you are related to them as they're normally about 16,17 years-old. I just really like her books and I'm always looking out for her. Because she's at the bottom of the alphabet, I think sometimes people forget about her a little bit when you're in a library or book store.
Her Books: Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, Elsewhere, The Hole We're In, Margarettown


And that's the end of A-Z Authors! I hope you have all enjoyed it and have found some authors to look out for now. Thank you to Heather at Proud Book Nerd for organising it and thinking it up. I have enjoyed it a lot :)

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like a fabulous author. Thank you!

    I am so happy that you enjoyed this challenge! I hope you'll play along again next year! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*