Friday, 10 June 2011

A-Z Authors - I, J

I found out about this through Phanee from funny wool and is hosted by Heather at Proud Book NerdI thought it looked quite fun so this month, I shall be doing a post every day (except Sundays) where I shall tell you about amazing authors that have surnames beginning with that letter. I hope you enjoy and tell me if you know any more with that letter and I'll add it to the post! Thanks.
NOTE: As I am doing my exams at the moment, I may miss days so shall combine letter together, I'll say if I do in the title - Thanks.
Here we go....

*DOING J NOW because it's my Dad's birthday tomorrow so I won't be online so here weee 
goooo.*


I

Eva Ibbotson

She is another one of my favourite authors of all time. I discovered her a year ago and even though I had heard of her before, I never knew how good her Young Adult books were. They aren't everyone's tastes but like Sarah Dessen, she has some really good ones and some not amazing but still good books. I really do enjoy her books a lot and her books always leave you with a favourite. She has some lovely settings abroad in both England and Austria, some amazing characters and some interesting story lines with twists and turns throughout the whole way. She is a real Historical writer and writes her romance not over the top but not too understated either. She is a real well rounded author, although sadly she died late last year. I hope she will be remembered for her great books.
Her books: The Secret Countess, A Song For Summer, A Morning Gift, Company of Swans, Magic Flutes


J

Marie-Louise Jensen

Amazing Historical Romance books. The one I read last year was so enjoyable and interesting that I'm looking out for more books by her. The cover has a beautiful girl with curly brown hair and I knew straight away when I saw it that I would like it and I would love it A LOT. I love her writing, her characters, her humour, the romance, the content, the story line. I really do love the books of The Lady in the Tower. This is another understated author that historical fiction fans SHOULD read. This one was also based on a real story which really brought it to life.
Her Books: The Lady in the Tower, Between Two Seas, Daughter of Fire and Ice, Sigrun's Secret



4 comments:

  1. Stephanie @ Books Are A Girl's Best Friend10 June 2011 at 21:20

    I just realised I can comment because you have the name/url option! Blogger still hasn't fixed my actual account.

    Both of these are favourite authors of mine too. I did a memorial post for Eva Ibbotson on my blog last year when she passed away. I hope people continue to read her books. Marie Louise Jensen is fabulous. Have you read Sigrun's Secret her latest one? And she's really nice because I have her as a facebook friend and she commented on my status to help me with something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god really? That's terrible. Presumably you've complained to Blogger about the problem?

    Yeah I saw that! I didn't even realise she had until I looked her up after reading 'The Secret Countess'. She really is a lovely author and I too hope she lives on.
    No I haven't, is is good? haha really? I might add her myself then. She does seem nice, I must say.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*