Sunday, 26 February 2012

On My Bookshelf (15)

This meme is inspired by the similar meme, 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren  (I don't have a Mailbox...)

So about an hour after doing last week's On My Bookshelf, I went to the library and got more.
Ever felt like there are so many books you want to read that there is literally not enough time in life to do it all in? Yep - feeling that was now.

Borrowed from Library: 


Bumped by Megan McCafferty - this has been on my to-read for a while so I'm glad I've finally for a copy of this. 
Abandon by Meg Cabot - this is a bit paranormal, as described in a recommendation booklet I found in the library - a genre I avoid. But it's Meg Cabot. And it's a re-telling of Helen of Troy. And with my daily Classics lessons, this is something that interests me. 
Cinder by Marissa Meyer - I wasn't sure about this one but I've seen so many positive reviews for this one on the blogosphere and it sounds quite interesting that I thought I'd go for it.

All dystopian? Interesting.

What did you get this week? 
Have a good one :)

12 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I just read Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty and it was awesome! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week. I just got Cinder also. I can't wait to read it. I hope you enjoy them all!

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-23/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mailbox looks similar to MY mailbox!! Enjoy!!

    Here is my IMM

    Happy Reading!
    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

    *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Library is always awesome. I got an ARC of Cinder a while ago from the publisher and still haven't got around to reading it! woops! And Bumped looks really interesting. It's been on my TBR shelf for a while. Happy Reading! :)

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read all three of these books and they are all super awesome and good in their own way.

    Happy reading :-)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bumped is very strange, though once you get used to it it's a good read :) Abandon is awesome, I really liked it, and I'm not sure about Cinder - I've never been interested in cyborgs but I'll look out for your review, see what you think about it ;) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've never seen that cover of Abandon before! I really loved Bumped and Cinder. I didn't believe the hype at first with Cinder, but it really lived up to all the positive reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will LOVE Cinder... It's really original despite being based on a fairytale!

    -Sarah (Inklings Read)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you to all you guys that commented above. These look like great books and these comments make me glad I got them out of the library.

    Cialina: I think this is the UK version of the cover - it's also a paperback so maybe they changed the cover? I used to work in a bookshop and they had this cover of Abandon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books, I really need to read Cinder just haven't had a chance to pick up a copy. Hope you enjoy all of your books this week. New Follower.

    Here is mine: IMM (14)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is that! I just read a really great positive review for Cinder a few hours ago and thought about buying it myself. Hope you'll enjoy it!

    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*