Sunday, 19 August 2012

On My Bookshelf (26)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea 

The books I had planned to read on my Kindle over my holiday won't seem like they're going to get a look in now. 


From Library:
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer. E. Smith - I've seen a number of reviews for this on the blogosphere and at work, it's incredibly popular. The idea of it seemed interesting, especially as I love to travel myself. It's a book I didn't mind reading but I wasn't bursting to do so. I have started this one already and it's good so far, although I'm sorry but Oliver is not British. His mannerisms and language seems too American for me at the moment. And he said Paddington was in West London. IT'S IN CENTRAL LONDON. West London is where I live and I'm no-where near Paddington!

- Extras by Scott Westerfeld - Ironically, I was returning Specials when I found this in the library. Normally, I by-pass the adult fiction section and breeze into the Teen section. However, that day I decided to have a quick look in the adult section (mostly because the library has air-conditioning and it was hot outside). I found this under R which I found a little bizarre. And of course, this is the last book in the Uglies series! Finished it in a few months, this is great! Have a look at my reviews for the first books in this series - Uglies (review), Pretties (review), Specials (review). 



Received:
- The Forsaken by Lisa.M. Stasse - Well, this was a surprise when it came through my letterbox this morning while I was munching on my cereal watching an episode of Glee. If you guys may remember, Lisa was in The 5 Questions (here) and when she asked me if I wanted a copy of her book, I never thought it would come from America! This is the US cover which I prefer MUCH more to the UK one. This has been getting some good reviews on the blogosphere so I may need to read this soon! 
Check this out if you see it, Lisa is lovely and this looks like it's going to be a big book - the next Hunger Games. 
Thank you Lisa again!



Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think? 



9 comments:

  1. Haha, I love your fury toward the wrong location!! But it is right in the centre of London... It's such a fun read, tSPoLaFS, I hope you enjoy it!

    The cover of The Forsaken IS really pretty. I love the sound of it, the premise is wonderful. Surprise books are always the best!❤

    Happy reading, Rebecca!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I did enjoy it apart from a few geographical issues :)

      This is the US version which makes the UK one look pants. A friend said to me that she would never pick up this book if she saw the UK cover over the US one.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading The Forsaken and I hope you enjoy Extras - it's a little different to the original trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard that. At least I'm prepared for that.
      I've also been told it's like a mini tribute to the Uglies series?

      Delete
  3. I NEED to read Statistical Probability - it looks amazing! And I'm sorry about Oliver's mistake, how infuriating!!! You made me laugh ;)
    And oh you are SOOOO lucky - I am desperate to read The Forsaken. I prefer this cover too, it is so abstract.
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, if you like some contemporary and romance, you're set. I think you notice these things more when you actually live in that area. I know London pretty well so it was a tad annoying.
      Thank you! I know, it looks much more interesting and more dystopian I think :)

      Delete
  4. I have read it your post nice with perfect knowledge and bookmarked it on with my friends who may like it

    final exam

    http://getfinalexam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look really good books!

    I'm a new follower and would love it if you checked out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I saw your blog before I saw this comment. It's lovely :)
      Thank you!

      Delete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*