Sunday, 29 July 2012

On My Bookshelf (25)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

I had put a small ban on the library for me so I could blast through the to-reads that I own - but yeah...that didn't happen. These are results of just 'having a look'. Will I ever learn...



- Specials by Scott Westerfeld - As regular and old followers will know, I have spent the last couple of months catching up with this series which I've grown up in my teenage years looking at - YET NEVER READING. This is the last in the trilogy focussing on the main character Tally as she becomes a Special. There is another book called Extras, a little like a spin-off, that looks at Tally's changes to this world of Uglies, Pretties and Specials. Have a look at my reviews for Uglies and for Pretties (1st & 2nd in series). 

- Debutantes by Cora Harrison - I have read I was Jane Austen's Best Friend (review) and loved it with the sequel Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend (a title I severely cringe at) on my bookshelf waiting to be read. So when I heard about this through a In My Mailbox/Letterbox Love/Stacking the Shelves/Showcase Sunday, I was pretty interested. So when I saw this on the shelf in my library when I was 'just looking', it was hard to resist, right? 



What books have you got this week? Have you read any of these books? If so, what are your opinions? 

12 comments:

  1. Specials is SO good. I love that series, and all of Scott Westerfeld's books actually! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Uglies, was on the fence for Pretties though. I read his stand-alone book, So Yesterday, last year and that was good - much better than I thought it would be. Very clever.
      Glad you enjoyed this :)

      Delete
  2. I picked up uglies a few years ago, but didn't really understand it. Now I'm really eager to read it again!

    Enjoy these great books, Rebecca.(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It has a slow start and I found Tally a little irritating to begin with. But this is so similar to Delirium - scary so. I think you'd like it :)

      Delete
  3. LOL. I know the feeling. New follower. Debutantes is a new title and a title I've never heard of. Great decision to go to the library. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you and welcome! :)
      Yeah I only starting seeing it on the blogosphere a couple of weeks ago. And I didn't even know Cora Harrison was releasing anything before hand!

      Delete
  4. Glad you're reading Scott Westerfield's series. As you probably know, the books are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I know! I loved Uglies a lot and Pretties was...good. This is such a fantastic series so far though. I can't believe I've only picked them up now!

      Delete
  5. Great haul! The Debutantes soulds really good. The cover is beautiful as well. :) I need to pick up Specials! I've been meaning to pick it up for 2 years now...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen this cover of "Specials" before. I've already had the trilogy, but I've read only the first book yet. I hope you'll enjoy it! And "Debutantes" as well! :)
    Here is my IMM: http://exina-art.com/in-my-mailbox-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think this cover was the original UK one when it was first released.

      Delete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*