Thursday, 16 June 2011

A-Z Authors - N

I found out about this through Phanee from funny wool and is hosted by Heather at Proud Book NerdI thought it looked quite fun so this month, I shall be doing a post every day (except Sundays) where I shall tell you about amazing authors that have surnames beginning with that letter. I hope you enjoy and tell me if you know any more with that letter and I'll add it to the post! Thanks.
NOTE: As I am doing my exams at the moment, I may miss days so shall combine letter together, I'll say if I do in the title - Thanks.
Here we go....

N

Patrick Ness

I actually love and cherish this guy. He is also one of the nicest authors I have met. I met him last year at a book launch for 'Losing It' in which he had contributed a mini-story to. I was introduced to his books by two of my best friends who being reading junkies like me, told me about them and REALLY recommended them - like 'Read now or we will hate you' recommendation. So I did. I had seen the books but I had never approached them - they looked too boyish and action packed for my girly liking. Anyway I'm glad I did. I fell in love with the characters, the setting, the story - everything. They are the type of books people I know kind of see and walk away from, not sure what they're like. But READ THEM if you see them. He makes you love Todd and Viola. Hate the Mayor and the other baddies. He makes you sad, happy, angry in one book and he writes really well and like Todd or Viola is talking directly to you. My friends and I all agreed that he makes you feel like their characters are your personal friends and you're going through the plot with them. And that's what I love about reading books.
His Books: The Chaos Walking series - The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, Monsters of Men, The New World. A Monster Calls

Other Honourable Mentions: 
- Jandy Nelson

3 comments:

  1. I have heard of The Knife of Never Letting Go.

    So many books, so little time ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD *waves fangirl pom poms* SQUEEE
    I just finished A Monster Calls. EEEEEEP *can barely contain excitement and tears* it was AMAZINGGG!!!
    so OBVIOUSLY, i LOVE this post :) and this idea! hos did i not know of this?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah really? I need to get it and check it out! I've heard many good things about it.
    haha, ham1299 above, it's from her blog. I was on another blog, Funny Wool, and she was doing it and thought it was great so decided to do it myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*