Thursday, 2 June 2011

A-Z Authors - B

I found out about this through Phanee from funny wool and is hosted by Heather at Proud Book NerdI thought it looked quite fun so this month, I shall be doing a post every day (except Sundays) where I shall tell you about amazing authors that have surnames beginning with that letter. I hope you enjoy and tell me if you know any more with that letter and I'll add it to the post! Thanks.
NOTE: As I am doing my exams at the moment, I may miss days so shall combine letter together, I'll say if I do in the title - Thanks.
Here we go....

B
   Malorie Blackman used to write children books for much younger children until 1992 when she decided to write for young adults and published Thief! after 18 months of writing and editing her first young adult book. She is most famous for the Noughts and Crosses series which targets racism of whites instead of the more traditional racism towards blacks.
   I met Malorie Blackman last week actually and she is the loveliest person to talk to and made me and my friend laugh so much and was really interesting to talk to. She is one of the authors that I have grown up with and I loved her Noughts and Crosses series a lot, especially the first book. 
Other Books: Hacker, The Stuff of Nightmares, Boys Don't Cry

   I have only read Robin Benway once with Audrey, Wait! which I fell in love with and enjoyed a lot. It is one of the best books I have read this year so far. It is funny (sometimes 'Laugh Out Loud' funny) and just so enjoyable and entertaining! She is a must for any teenage reader with it being enjoyable yet really good writing.
Other Books: The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June.

I have read Shadow Web the total of about 3 or 4 times, I love it so much. I have no idea why but I just love her writing, the way its such an original idea and how enjoyable to read it is. I love the blend of modern and old in the story and also, the fact it's set rather near where I live (that does help...). I haven't ever read anything else by her (although I really should) as for some reason I think it will ruin Shadow Web for me...I don't know why. But anyway, this is one of the books I read annually.
Other Books: Hunted, Basilisk, The Story of Stone

1 comment:

  1. Three authors who are new to me. Nicely done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*