Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Books you Loved but never wrote a Review for it.

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is Books you LOVED but you never wrote a review for it for various reasons - hard to write one, before your blogging days etc.


1. The Remarkable Life and Times of Eliza Rose - Mary Hooper - This was my first ever Mary Hooper book, recommended to me by a friend who later de-friended me. I am so thankful to her that she did give me an insight into Mary Hooper, although I'm sure I would have discovered her at some point. This is still a favourite of mine but I haven't read it for a while now. 


2. The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen (basically all other Sarah Dessen books that don't have reviews) - This was my second Sarah Dessen book, discovered about a year before I started blogging, my first being Just Listen which I found in the library after staring at the front cover for weeks. It is my favourite at the moment of her collection of books. Sadly, I have only done 4 reviews for Dessen although I've read all her book apart from the new one. AHH, NON SARAH DESSEN READERS, PICK THIS UP NOW. I MEAN, NOW.


3. Broken Soup - Jenny Valentine - I like Jenny Valentine. A lot of people however don't. She was quirky and interesting and I love the UK cover for this book, I mean LOVE. 
I need really to read this book again, but I would recommend this one, mostly because the plot seems so puzzling and mysterious.


4. Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl - This book changed the way I look at life. I was always interested to know more about this period, only knowing the bare facts and not even understand that. So, when at the beginning of 2009, BBC broadcasted a TV adaptation of the book during a week. The last episode made me cry.
Anyway, I was interesting in this girl, knowing she loved reading and stories (I admit I thought Anne Fine was her...bad I know). So, I asked for the book for my birthday, got it and read it and realised that life can change so instantly. Everyone should read this book. Everyone.



6. Huge - Sasha Paley - I've always felt conscious about the way I look. It's natural being a thin, teenage girl who has rather gorgeous looking faced friends. I am harsh on myself I know. So after reading this after admiring it on the shelves, I realised I don't want to be fat and feel ugly all the time, no-one should. I did read this last year when I was blogging, but it was so hard to write a review on and at that point, I had no followers and felt it wasn't worth it. I'll write a review one day.



1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I NEED to read a Sarah Dessen book so badly! Yeah, Anne Frank is an amazing story ... again with my love of World War 2 ... I'm really looking forward to your review of An Education! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*