Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Books on my TBR pile

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is Books that are on your TO BE READ pile for this autumn/fall.


1. What Happened To Goodbye - Sarah Dessen - AH. I PRE-ORDERED THIS IN JUNE. AND I STILL HAVEN'T READ IT. It's driving me crazy looking at it every day when I wake up on my bookshelf. And I've been ignoring the reviews and tweets about it too....urgh.


2. Beautiful Days - Anna Godbersen - This arrived on my doorstep yesterday! This is the second in the new series Bright Young Things. Another pre-order. I'm so happy because I have it before Waterstones shelves do. It's being released on 6th September which is exactly a week's time...ah I love pre-ordering.


3. The Rogue's Princess - Eve Edwards - AGAIN. I ordered this for August and STILL haven't read it, another one driving me crazy. Enough said.


4. Alone in Berlin - Hans Fallada - I bought this for £1.99 in Oxfam the other day and read the beginning while I was sitting at the till and 3 people, yes THREE, said 'Oh that's a good book, you should read it' while sitting there. So, I think I might follow their advice, especially as I'm going back to Berlin in December for the Christmas market. 


5. Where She Went - Gayle Forman - Eurgh. Pre-order from April...


6. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak - Everyone is talking about this book at the moment and I bought it as part of a 3 for 2 offer to read it as part of revision for my exams. Erm, that never happened...so I better read it soon...


7. Another Eva Ibbotson - I have not yet conquered all Eva Ibbotson books that I own, I have about 2 left so I hope to curl up on the train to college with my big coat and scarf and one of her delightful books.


SO, you're probably wondering why I haven't read any of these books, most being pre-ordered. Well, over the holidays I go to the library for all my books as I have the time to make the trip which I won't in term time, so these books have lived on my bookcase watching the recyclable books being read and taken away. Sorry for my ramble, I was going this quickly.

5 comments:

  1. The Book Thief is really great, you should definitely read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list. I loved The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hearing a lot about The Book Thief.
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely read Where She Went! It was awesome. The Book Thief is good too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any Sarah Dessen books yet, so I really want to get my hands on one of hers this autumn at some point! I just have so many other books to read first.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*