Now, I have always always always always always ALWAYS (I think you understand) wanted to go to a festival, mostly a music one. Mostly I would love to go to Glastonbury but the mud scares me and the prices are ridiculous that I have no idea how people go to that AND the Reading festival each year - I have actually thought about this.
Anyway, when I heard about the Hays Festival in Wales a couple of months ago, I realised there are tons of book festivals both in the UK and in other places around the world. I did not know this! And the best part? They're much cheaper than music festivals as you only attend the events you want to go to with the authors you want to see. Genius!
So here is my list of the best of the best Book Festivals around the world happening this summer (and partly Autumn), divided by country. The authors mentioned are ones confirmed so far or just some of the ones that are talking.
Lets just say, doing this makes me want to go to a festival even more...a book one! Ah, I love being a blogger...
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival - 5th to 29th August - Authors: Patrick Ness, Darren Shan
- Bath Festival of Children's Literature - 23rd September to 3rd October - Authors: Ally Carter, J Caroline Lawrence, Mary Hooper, Meg Rosoff, Annabel Pitcher, Marie-Louise Jensen
- Cheltenham Book Festival - 7th to 10th October - Authors: Malorie Blackman, Meg Rosoff
- Open Book Festival - 21st to 25th September - Authors: Patrick Ness
- Brooklyn Book Festival - 15th - 18th September - Authors: Libba Bray, Judy Blundell, Gayle Forman, Eoin Colfer
- Texas Book Festival - 22nd to 23rd September - Authors to be announced soon
- Miami Book Fair - 13th to 20th November - Authors to be announced soon
- Beijing International Book Fair - 31st August to 4th September
- Rio de Janeiro International Book Fair - 1st to 11th September - Authors: Alyson Noel, Hilary Duff, Lauren Kate
- Moscow International Book Fair - 7th to 12th September - Country Guest of Honor is Italy.
- Goteborg Book Fair - 22nd to 25th September
- LIBER Madrid - 5th to 7th October
- Frankfurt Book Fair - 12th to 16th October
I hope that was useful for anyone that wants to go to a book festival like me. There are some great festivals happening this summer with great guests, it's amazing how many actually go on. I would love to go to any of these, they all sound fantastic for anyone that visits. And some of them are free!
Come back tomorrow for the first guest post from Amy at I Love Smiley Faces and Books on her Favourite Summer Reads!