Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Book Adaptations 2011

One thing I love (and sometimes hate) about reading books is that now, in the movie world, they can easily be turned into movies/TV series which give you an idea of them in real life, not just in your head.
Some of my favourite adaptations are:
- The Diary of Anne Frank (TV - shown on BBC, 2009)
- Ballet Shoes (TV, starring Emma Watson on ITV, 2009)
- Pride and Prejudice - Both the old 1995 Colin Firth one (mmm) and the Keira Knightly one. Both rock my socks. (god, I can't believe I just wrote that)
- LAST, but not least. The Devil Wears Prada. I watched, then read. And I have always loved this film. It just makes me laugh out loud so much and Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt and Meryl Streep are all amazing in it.

Anyway. There are many book adaptations that are in the pipeline this year so here is your guide to when your favourite books get turned into movies this year. Also, books that are turning into movies/TV but not being released in 2011 are at the bottom! :)
Remember these are the UK dates as I live in England and can only access these dates. These were all found on the Internet and through my own knowledge.

JANUARY
  - The King's Speech (Starring Colin Firth, Helena Bonham-Carter, Geoffrey Rush)
I've seen this - it is amazing and so deserves all the awards it's up for and won

FEBRUARY
 - Never Let Me Go (Starring Keira Knightly, Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield)
This is on my must-see list.
- Brighton Rock (starring Helen Mirren, Sam Riley)
MUST-SEE LIST!
- I Am Number Four (starring Alex Pettyfer, Timothy Olyphant)
- True Grit (starring Hailee Steinfeld, Jeff Bridges)

MARCH
4th - The Tempest (starring Felicity Jones, Helen Mirren, Russell Brand, David Strathairn)
hang on....Russell Brand???
4th - The Adjustment Bureau (starring Matt Damon, Emily Blunt)
25th - The Eagle (starring Channing Tatum, Jamie Bell, Douglas Henshall)

APRIL
15th - Red Riding Hood (starring Amanda Seyfried, Shiloh Fernandez)
29th - Thor (starring Natalie Portman, Stellan Skarsgard)

MAY
6th - Something Borrowed (starring Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin)

JULY
15th- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II (starring Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint)

SEPTEMBER
9th - Jane Eyre (starring Mia Wasikkowska, Jamie Bell, Michael Fassbender, Judi Dench)

OCTOBER
14th - The Three Musketeers (starring Logan Lerman, Matthew MacFadyen, Orlando Bloom, Milla Jovovich)
26th - The Adventures of TinTin: The Secret of the Unicorn (starring Simon Pegg, Daniel Craig, Nick Frost)

NOVEMBER
18th - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part I (starring Robert Pattinson, Dakota Fanning, Kristen Stewart)
Yes guys, those hating fans of Twilight (like me) will have to endure two more movies from the one novel. Great. (Grrrrr)

DECEMBER
26th - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (starring Rooney Mara, Daniel Craig, Stellan Skarsgard)
*NOTE* this is a re-make of the one out already but in English. The other one was in Swedish.
31st - The Hobbit (starring Cate Blanchett, Orlando Bloom, Martin Freeman)

Other Adaptations:
 - Mildred Pierce (starring Kate Winslet) - TV series
- Uglies by Scott Westerfield - no cast reported yet
- Winnie the Pooh re-make
- Hunger Games
- If I Stay

8 comments:

  1. I love movie adaptations, although they can sometimes let me down. *cough* Twilight *cough* LOL. Great post, I want to see I Am Number Four soooo bad, but I just never have the time. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Twilight.
    Sorry for all Twilight fans that might read this but I HATE Twilight with a vengence. I never read the books. I only saw the first and third movie and well, I've been put off Vampires. I hate it so much. Sorry.

    I know Uglies! I've wanted to read this for a while now. I hope it's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD! TIN TIN IS OUT ON MY BIRTHDAY!!
    We are all going to see that whether you like it or not because I will be the birthday girl and you will have to be nice to me.
    Also, an adaptation of the Hunger Games? Brilliant series, but I'm dubious of a movie. It will either be equally brilliant or disappointing. Have you read those yet, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah okay George...
    I was thinking of dragging you to High School Musical though.

    I know. I've read a lot about it and most people are dubious about there being a movie of it. It's being released sometime next year. I think they're doing auditions at the moment.
    No I haven't. I need to though after all yours and Joey's hype about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant list! I love the film adaptions you listed as your favourites too. I like the sound of the new Jane Eyre adaption and the Lord of the Rings films are amazing so I'm excited about the hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just really need to know when uglies comes out and the audition's are, (unless they already happened without anybody knowing)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well by looking on IMDb, it says 2011 but then there is no information. I would say it's being released sometime next year. And it's a USA movie so if you live in the UK, you probably won't get an audition.
    They will also only publicly tell people about auditions for extras and might not even then. Normally, as I have some little experience in the world of theatre, they will contact first who that want to be in it.
    Keep googling it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*