Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Dynamic Duos #1

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.

Okay, regular readers, this isn't random. I found this (and I am a follower of Kelly's from The Broke and the Bookish) when researching the Book Movie Adaptions and as I share her passion for lists, thought I've start doing this each week.

This week's theme is Dynamic Duos such as couples, friends or partners in crime.

1. Viola and Todd from The Chaos Walking Series by Patrick Ness - I've grown up through secondary school with these two and with the whole 'do they like each other? Do they not?', you kind of have to love them by the end of this series. They MAKE the book. With just one of them, it wouldn't be complete and wouldn't be the same. They go with each other for the events in this series to happen.

2. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - I know a lot of people who write this meme are going to add these two but really? When I personally think of the famous couple of English Literature, I think these two (not only because of the 7 page essay I had to write which I got A* in by the way!). You can't think of one without the other.

3. Anna and Peter from The Declaration series by Gemma Malley - I love this amazing series and like in The Chaos Walking series, they make the book. Although Anna is the main voice in the first book, Peter also has a voice and both run through the whole series and develop. With all the horrible things you find out in the books, it's nice to go back to the idyllic life of Peter and Anna.

4. Ellie and Will from The Other Countess by Eve Edwards - They are what I think all girls would love to have: a perfect loving relationship. They work so well with one another and even though it's an obvious end at the beginning, it's a happy ending that all readers love because of their love for one another.

5. Jess and Jessica from Shadow Web by N.M.Browne - even though they never meet each other and have a proper conversation or relationship, they have the likeness that they look and are exactly like each other which makes their relationship interesting as they find out the other's life out in this book. It's a weird relationship but by the end, they have a close one.

6. George and Lennie from Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - After analysing every single word of this book, it's not a favourite but the strange relationship of George and Lennie is always one I think about when with my friends and they're helping me. Without realising it, in the book they are like brothers more that best friends.

7. Diana and Elizabeth from The Luxe Series by Anna Godberson - They are sisters for those who haven't read the book. At first, it seems that they don't have that much in common and tend to not talk to each other about things but as the series progresses, they become closer and start to help each other as more problems arise.

8. Macy and Wes from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - I have to have a Sarah Dessen book here. Macy and Wes are one of favourite couples in Sarah Dessen's books. I don't know why but I already love both characters so I guess I like them because of that. They are just good together. I need to re-read that sometime...

I think to be honest, if the book is a series, then you learn the like a certain duo as you read the books and fall in love with them. I did 8 I know, but I couldn't think of anymore...
Enjoy and tell me what you think! :)

9 comments:

  1. great list. I've heard a lot of good things about Sarah Dessen, I think I'll try one of her books. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust you to throw in a picture of Colin at any opportunity, Rebecca! Liking the Lennie and George, didn't think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Sarah Dessen! I love her books, but I'm not sure I could choose just one favorite couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. erm where's peeta and katniss!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of Mice and Men is on my TBR list...must move it closer to the top! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lizzy and Mr. Darcy are on my list too. And you know what? I've put the same picture. Here's my list Here's my list. I'm your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tons of variety. I have Lennie and George.

    Here is my list http://hawthornescarlet.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday-it-takes-two.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love George and Lennie. This book has been one of my favorites specifically because of this rich relationship. Glad it made your list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah thanks guys for commenting.
    Kaye: Yeah you should! She's such a good author - I may have read all her books so far...

    George: Hell yeah Colin is going on there!

    Katie: I know it was a toss up between Wes and Macy or Annabel and Owen...then there's Eli and Auden...

    Joey: Slight problem. I've never read any of the Hunger Games yet. But a lot of people have included them on their lists that I have seen!

    Kero: Nice choice. I loved it, they just look so happy. I'll check it out.

    LBC: oh thank you! :)

    Queen of the Universe: hahah thanks! yeah i like their relationship especially in the Gary Sinise movie. It's nice there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*