WARNING: This is me and my 'I hate being being in Year 11' mood.
At the moment, I am sitting at the dining room table (which is used more as a study) surrounded by paper and books about how much importance Mr Collins has in Pride and Prejudice....and shouting 'Oh my god, I cannot think properly' to my empty, lonely house.
Oh I love weekends, don't you?
I have no social life for...maybe 3/4 months. The first time in a while that I ACTUALLY WENT OUT was last Monday with some friends Christmas shopping. Yep. You heard it right, I still need to get Christmas gifts for four of my best friends. Blame mocks, not our laziness....
In other news, it is a month till MY BIRTHDAY. I will be 16 years old. Wow-as. And GCSE's, I was thinking about the other day. When you're in like Year 7,8 or 9, you don't actually realise the stress the Year 11's have. I mean, I remember thinking last year that 'Oh Year 11's going to be quite easy with the fact I've done most of the work in Year 10' WHAT?
I was so wrong. There is still so many exams and so much coursework left to do. And two of my teachers have either broken/twisted their feet...ahh.
So. I am so stressed at this minute. As much as I didn't mind Pride and Prejudice and I think Collins is probably the most well-written character by a long shot, I'm starting to hate it. This is what GCSE English does to you:
- You despise Of Mice and Men and the way Steinbeck has used so many ways to show things about the characters/places.
- I cannot watch War of the Worlds (with Tom Cruise) without analysising it and saying 'oh I love the way they've done this blah blah BLAH....'
- I hate Romeo and Juliet. I still have no idea what Shakespeare is rattling on about, although, I cannot watch the 1960's version of the movie without thinking the Romeo looks like Zac Efron, BIG time.
- I'm starting to hate Mr Collins and Pride and Prejudice in general. I have 6 more points to cover and I'm stuck and just cannot describe what is happening or what is important about it. To be honest, I think I've gone off on a rant about something I have no idea I did.
- I feel like I can Write to Persuade to anyone. Oh yeah! (oh god rebecca, you saddo)
That's kinda it. And I got it out my system. PHEW....
Oh and then, I get My Mock Results (haha MMR - anyone else find that funny?) on Thursday afternoon. Oh boy...