Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Books that I read because of another Blogger

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is BOOKS THAT I READ BECAUSE ANOTHER BLOGGER RECOMMENDED IT

1. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher - I saw reviews upon reviews about this one, raving about it, giving it normally around 4 or 5 stars. So when I saw it in Oxfam for £1.99, I bought it. And...didn't like it that much. It is now making the rounds of my friends who also want to read it - at least I get my moneys worth that way.

2. Candor - Pam Bachorz - This book intrigued me mostly because of the cover that was so interesting and weird. When I read a raving review on The Bookette amongst others, I thought it was a type of book I would enjoy so I was thrilled when my library had it in. It was, erm,  average. I lent it to my friend and she too agreed. 

3. Matched - Ally Condie - Matched was one of 'those' books. The ones that soar throughout the blogosphere. EVERYONE READS IT AND REVIEWS IT, either making it sound like the best literature ever made because they received it from the publishing company or those that although too received a free copy, made it sound not that appealing. Sometimes in the middle. So I tried it, again a library read. It was alright, but nothing special. 

4. You Against Me - Jenny Downham - I read Before I Die before I started blogging and to be honest, wasn't a great fan at all. I found it rather boring while others apparently cried. So, when others who had agreed with me, tried this one and liked it, I thought it was worth a try. WRONG. The amount of reviews I have read when people have loved loved LOVED it and I'm sitting there thinking 'it wasn't that great...' 

5. If I Stay - Gayle Forman - So far, this is one of the only blogger recommendations I have actually agreed with. This started popping up last year when there was news of a movie in the making. So I gave it ago and loved it. One of the best books I have read for a few years. I love the fact that there is a sequel and I have now bought my own version of this book. I know that some don't think it that great, but this time, I agree with the bloggers.

6. [Going to read soon] When you Reach me - Rebecca Stead - I have this awaiting my reading on my bookcase behind me right now. Again, I have seen reviews that mostly like it so I thought I could be good. And Rebecca? Hello, I have to try this one....

3 comments:

  1. I have read none of these books. May be because nobody pushed me to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty. It does seem like everyone gushes over all the books they read as if every book is GREAT.

    For what it's worth, When You Reach Me, is great, though it's target audience is middle grade, so you may think it a bit simple. I am a huge fan of the book, A Wrinkle in Time, which plays a big role in the book.

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you, yeah glad to hear it! Yeah I thought so when I read the first page, but I don't mind. And it's short which is VERY good sometimes when you just want to quickly read it. Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*