Saturday, 10 September 2011

On my Bookshelf (9) - MEGA edition

This meme is inspired by the similar meme, 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren

I know I haven't done this for a while, but recently, I have received quite a few books. So here they are:




Bought: 
- Beautiful Days - Anna Godbersen - I have been raving about this on the Tuesday Top Tens, but I am so happy to have pre-ordered this book (came out on 6th September), looking forward to reading this.
- Wither (#1) - Lauren DeStefano - I ordered this as it was half price and I have seen so many good things about it, this looks amazing and has a beautiful front cover.



Won:
- Girl, Missing - Sophie McKenzie from a review poster as part of the British Book Challenge hosted by The Bookette
- Arabella - Georgette Heyer from a competition hosted by Stephanie from Books are a Girl's Best Friend

So these arrived this morning together which I was incredibly excited about. Thank you to both of you for sending these books. 
However, I found much more than I expected when opening the package from The Bookette, I found a lovely note...


Some postcards and bookmarks from most authors I like...

And the best of all, Harry Potter bookmarks with lovely pictures on relating to the books. Thank you again Becky from The Bookette! I love this package. 

AND FINALLY, I have a new thing for this week. I got my Prize giving books. I asked you a couple of months ago for suggestions for it and the other day I actually got the books so I thought that I would tell you guys the books in a very new and special way...I HOPE THIS WORKS:




(Sorry for all the hand actions near the beginning...I was nervous and excited)
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (I have now realised that the Daphne is like the one from Scooby Doo - did not know it was spelt like that...) 
- A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness *smiles brightly*

Thanks again and have a good week :)



6 comments:

  1. It's absolutely fantastic Rebecca, I really like the video log you've created! It's also funny hearing your voice for the first time, I noticed now that I always read your words in my voice, but now that's changed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really?! Haha, yeah my terribly-English accent. Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw no, it's not terrible, it's molto bene, in the words of the Doctor. I better get used to it too!

    Also, lucky you for getting that prize package from the Bookette, what wouldn't I give for such a lovely assembly of items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah nicely said. English accents are supposed to be the most easiest apparently and I have been told that I have quite an English accent with a smatter of a little American accent.

    Thanks, I know! It's like my birthday all over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The easiest? What do you mean?

    I have a pretty "North American" accent, in the words of a friend. Usually people go for US American, which I love! I realize back when I did Nessie Reads it didn't come across like that because I slipped into weird English when I read the parts where people spoke x)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the easiest to do, I have been told - a London accent. For me, American is the easiest. The hardest are the different regions of England where the accents changes so much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*