Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Books I want to Re-read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is Books I am DESPERATE to re-read sooon


(This might be a short post as I'm about to cook my dinner...)


1. Shadow Web - N.M.Browne - I read this every year, and hasn't entered my Read 2011 list yet so this needs to be whacked out soon. 
2. The Roman Mysteries series - Caroline Lawrence - Having started studying Classical Civilisation recently, I'm really in the mood for some Roman books. I'm literally sitting in class like 'I know this! Thank you Roman Mysteries!' 
3. The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen - LOVE THIS BOOK.
4. Before I Die - Jenny Downham - I am not a Jenny Downham fan, I put my hands up for that but I read this book a long time ago and I don't think I fully understood it, so would like to give it another go. 
5. The Diary of Anne Frank - I could read this anytime. 
6. The Remarkable Life and Times of Eliza Rose - Mary Hooper - My first Mary Hooper book, and I haven't read it in YEARS.
7. The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness
8. Broken Soup/Finding Violet Park - Jenny Valentine - There are so many critisms about Jenny Valentine but I quite like her, so I want to re-read this to try and find out why people are saying these things.
9. Elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin

6 comments:

  1. Do people criticise Jenny Valentine? I love her books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these! It's interesting to see which books people find worthy of a reread. The Roman Mysteries series sound interesting. I haven't read anything like that before. Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of all those, I have only read Anne Frank's Diary... :/ But The Knife of Never Letting Go and Before I Die are waiting for me on my bookshelves and I think I must make myself finally buy a Sarah Dessen book and a Mary Hooper book!

    Hope you had a nice meal! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caz: Yeah I've read a few reviews people whining about how they hate her books because their complicated - stupid things like that, but I was like 'Erm, I quite like her actually'

    Chelle: Roman Mysteries is interesting, there are about 17 books and they're actually aimed at younger children but I still enjoyed them. I reviewed the last in the series if you want to have a look.

    Phanee: YES READ THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO. I would definitely recommend it. And yeah, THEY are my favourite. Thank you! I have sausages and mash - a very English meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mary Hooper's books, but haven't yet read The Remarkable Life and Times of Eliza Rose.

    I keep meaning to read The Diary of Anne Frank too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do read it! It is one of the best books I have read.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*