Saturday, 4 December 2010

British Books Challenge 2011!

Yep. I'm doing another one next year as well. But this one is definitely right up my street.
This is challenge to read at least 6-12 books written by British authors. Should be quite easy for me as I live there :)
It's hosted by Becky at The Bookette (I personally LOVE her blog). If you, yourself, would like to sign up, just click here.

Right. So what books are you expecting me to read for it?
Well, I'm not very big in the 'planning what I'm going to read'. I just kind of...pick it up and read it when I have the time.
But here are a few books that might make an appearance next year...

1. I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend - Cora Harrison
2. The Queen's Lady - Eve Edwards
3. The Legacy - Gemma Malley
4. A Company of Swans - Eva Ibbotson
5. Love Struck - Rachael Wing
6. An Education - Nick Hornby



Here we go...the links take you to the review of that book:
1. A Song For Summer - Eva Ibbotson
2. The Queen's Lady - Eve Edwards
3. Love Struck - Rachael Wing
4. The Legacy - Gemma Malley
5. Chocolate Cake With Hitler - Emma Craigie
6. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne
7. I was Jane Austen's Best Friend - Cora Harrison
8. The Morning Gift - Eva Ibbotson
9Annexed - Sharon Dogar
10. You Against Me - Jenny Downham
11. Cassandra's Sister - Veronica Bennett
12. The Returners - Gemma Malley
13. Once - Morris Gleitzman
14. An Education - Lynn Barber
15. Lia's Guide to Winning the Lottery - Keren David
16. Then - Morris Gleitzman
17. The Rogue's Princess - Eve Edwards
18. Now - Morris Gleitzman
19. The New World - Patrick Ness
20. Othello - William Shakespeare

And so it comes to the end of this challenge for 2011. I have read so many amazing literature by British authors this year and I think 19 is great with the fact I was aiming for 9-12 books. 


It's hard to choose my absolute favourite, more harder than you imagine because these authors are great and I would recommend the majority of the ones on this list.
I have to say I really enjoyed I was Jane Austen's Best Friend and Lia's Guide to Winning the Lottery. It was great finally reaching the end of The Declaration series by Gemma Malley with The Legacy, as well as finding a stand alone one of hers. In addition, I have gone further into Eva Ibbotson's books which I found later last year and A Song for Summer that I started 2011 with is one of my favourites of hers.


I am so glad I did this challenge and I would recommend anyone to do the 2012 one at The overflowing library.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh yes! I am going to be reading lots of Gemma Malley too. I haven't started The Declaration and I have had it for ages. Thanks so much for signing up to the challenge. I hope you get to read lots of brilliant British books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. That book is amazing. Definitely worth a read.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*