Tuesday, 7 December 2010

2011 Historical Fiction Challenge

This is possible the most apt challenge for me and (hopefully) the last challenge for the new year. Hopefully, I add.
So all you have to do is read between 5-15 (whatever amount you set yourself) books what are of the historical YA fiction genre e.g. set in the past. If you would like to enter, click here

If you look over my blog, you can see the amount I read is ridiculous. Serious ridiculous.

So I plan to read 10 books. Here is my possible list:

1. I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend - Cora Harrison
2. The Queen's Lady - Eve Edwards
3. Bright Young Things - Anna Godberson
4. A Company of Swans - Eva Ibbotson
5. Masquerade - Nancy Moser
6. The Fool's Girl - Celia Rees


So. To see my review of that book, click on the title, they should all be linked up.
Here we go:
1. A Song For Summer - Eva Ibbotson
2. Bright Young Things - Anna Godberson
3. The Queen's Lady - Eve Edwards
4. Chocolate Cake With Hitler - Emma Craigie
5. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne
6. I was Jane Austen's Best Friend - Cora Harrison
7. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
8. The Morning Gift - Eva Ibbotson
9. Annexed - Sharon Dogar
10. Girl with a Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier
11. The Roman Mysteries: The Man from Pomegranate Street - Caroline Lawrence
12. Cassandra's Sister - Veronica Bennett
13. Once - Morris Gleitzman
14. Then - Morris Gleitzman
15. When You Reach Me - Rebecca Stead
16. The Rogue's Princess - Eve Edwards
17. Now - Morris Gleitzman

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining! Great picks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TIJANAANANANANANAN15 December 2010 at 18:05

    A historical-based book I loved was "The Secret Diary of Marie Antoinette", by Carolly Erickson.
    Also, "The Other Boelyn Girl" and the "Once", "Now", "Then" is amazing

    from TIJANA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tijana.
    Yeah, I've heard of them.
    And I saw the movie of 'The Other Boleyn Girl' which was hm...interesting.

    Okay. I'll have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was Jane Austen's best friend is really good, I hope you enjoy it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thank you :)
    I pre-ordered it online as it comes out in the UK on the 7th Janurary.
    It looks good :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*