Sunday, 15 July 2012

On My Bookshelf (23)

his meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

It's officially the summer holidays now so I'm starting to go to the library more with my free time, especially as one is a 2 minute walk from my work. So there will probably be more library books appearing here. Also, after my Tuesday Top Ten last week, I really want to clear some of the books that are sitting unhappy on my bookshelf.


Borrowed: 
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - When I read Lauren Oliver's other book, Delirium (review), there was a sample chapter in the back of Before I Fall. I'd seen this book around the shops, library and blogosphere for a long time but nothing made me want to pick it up and have a look. It wasn't really until I read the first chapter, that I felt I really wanted to read this book. Thankfully, it was sitting unclaimed in the library still.

- The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan - (see below)

- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan - This book and The Realm of Possibility I found in a charity shop near my college. I was going in to help out with an event there and got an early train so had about 30 minutes to kill. I went to the Oxfam on the high street, just for a little look, and found these two books sitting side by side in the Children's book section. They were 99p each but the shop were doing a 'Buy One Get One Free' that day so I got both these and paid only 99p! BARGAIN.
I've read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares (review) earlier this year where this lovely pairing made the book so entertaining and enjoyable - this should be as good especially as it was made into a movie! TRoP looks great, all written in verse. Really loving David Levithan at the moment. He also wrote The Lover's Dictionary (review)


Netgalley:


- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - When I read the synopsis for this, it really reminded me of a typical teenage romance with the popular girl who was at the top of the food chain and is now at the bottom and the weird, dodgy guy. Two different people that meet. I'm not in love with the cover, in truth, if I saw this book in a bookshop, I would look the other way but I'm excited to read this now all the same.

- The Selection by Kiera Cass - When I was accepted by Netgalley and the publishers to read this, I must admit I fan-girled. Big time. Before the release of this earlier this year in America, I saw the cover and fell in love. I just...THAT DRESS. 
I've heard a mixture of things about this book, especially after a negative review turned into a debate about the relationships between bloggers and authors/publicists. This looks amazing though from the cover and I hope the book does it justice. 

- Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett - Similarly to Pushing the Limits, I liked the idea of reading a typical teen contemporary novel over the summer. This sounds really interesting and I'm intrigued to know more about the main character. I also LOVE the cover with the white, grey and blue. Very nice.



So my summer reading is sorted, what about you?




4 comments:

  1. I also have lots of good books waiting to be read. I'm reading Pushing the Limits and I'm not that happy with it, it has a lot of inappropriate content in, which I wasn't expecting. I also have confessions of an angry girl and Im really looking forward to it.

    Enjoy your new books!

    Kyra
    www.blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean. I guessed something like THAT would happen due to the title and the cover. I don't mind as long as it's not too much or too in depth like I imagine Fifty Shades of Grey would be like...

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous of Before I Fall, I'm currently reading Delirium and it is amazing. Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/showcase-sunday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I Fall is AMAZING! So good.<3
    I love the sound of Confessions of an Angry Girl and The Selection.
    Enjoy these awesome books.(:

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*