Sunday, 1 July 2012

On My Bookshelf (22)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

I didn't even do a meme last month so since I am breaking up from college soon, I hope to acquire more books and do more memes on the blog. Anyhow, these are some books I got within the last week.



Borrowed: 
- Pretties by Scott Westerfeld - I read Uglies (review) last month and loved the idea and story behind it especially as it's taken me years to pick up this series of books. When I went to give Uglies back to the library, I noticed Pretties there, which is the next book in the series. I've heard a mixture of reviews for the sequel but I hope it lives up to its predecessor. 

- Strings Attached by Judy Blundell - I read Judy Blundell's other YA novel, What I Saw and How I Lied (review) a few years ago which I liked but not as much as I thought I would. I discovered her newest book when I was doing The Great Gatsby in English Lit and found out it was set in the 1920's. I reserved it but it only came to my local library recently. The plot sounds a lot like Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen (review)

Bought:
- War Horse by Michael Morpurgo - I'd been wanting to re-read this for a while since I saw and loved the movie adaptation in January but failed to get a copy. I was in a charity shop yesterday and happened to wander over to the children's books so see what they had, not expecting much, and found a BRAND NEW copy for £1. Right place at the right time? 


Have you read any of these books? What did you think? What books did you get this week? 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Strings Attached, hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The “Pretties” is quite catchy, and I’m captivated with the cover itself. Now I have an idea on what to do during my free time this coming weekend. I should invite my other friends to read that when I’m done. Though, I hope I can finish it within a month. Hehe. Aww, being busy is sure tiring, isn’t it? Good thing I saw this list of yours. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*