Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Tuesday Top Ten Complete Jerks in Literature (#7)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish

*NOTE*: From now on, I shall be doing between 5-7 instead of 10 because they may look easy but these memes are actually quite hard to think about and remember. Also, with the other things happening in my life at the moment (yes I have one full of revision), I simply won't have the time. But I love doing these so they are happening still, just reduced.
This week's theme is Complete Idiotic Guys in Literature that I really do want to slap.

1. Dexter from This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen - Although, he's the main guy character, he was, as Remy describes, 'too much of everything' and I don't particularly like people like that. He is...okay by the end but the beginning. Urgh.

2. Rogerson from Dreamland by Sarah Dessen - Oh. My. God. I think those who have read this book would agree with me, this guy is the most annoying, idiotic and...a complete jerk-ish guy ever. He loves her. Okay, fair enough. He desperately wants her to prove herself by having sex. Okay, my Jerk levels rise. And then, he starts punching her and threatening her - yeah. Great Boyfriend. Overall. Sarah Dessen makes readers absolutely hate him. HATE HIM.

3. Curley from Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - I just have this resounding hate for him with the fact he is so hard to analyse and wants to be 'hard' because he is small and gets threatened easily. Fair enough, but he doesn't have to treat his wife like he does with a 'glove fulla vaseline' - make your own judgement on that one. And then, when she gets killed, he doesn't care. He just wants revenge for breaking his hand. Urgh.

4. The Mayor from the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness - I just hated him from the beginning. He is so power hungry and will do ANYTHING to get what he wants. He just annoys me and makes me want to hurt him where it hurts personally...if he were real...which he isn't...in some people's worlds...

5. Art from Diving In by Kate Cann - Similar to Rogerson (no.2) and also. Who would want a name like Art? 'So what's your name?' 'Art.' I don't know, I thought most of the names were ridiculous like. Coll and Art but urgh. He overall made me hate the book with the fact she liked him for starters.

* 6. Richard Pincent from The Declaration series by Gemma Malley - I really hate this guy. Mostly because I kind of love the other characters but I really, really, don't like this guy. He is pure evil and a complete jerk.

* 7. James from Shadow Web by N.M.Browne - He is just so slimey. I think that's the reason I hate him. I mean, she is a harmless girl who is confused and alone in a different world, would be nice not to use her and then try to kill her!? Okay, so he doesn't know when he is mostly slimey but still. Hmph.

I know, 2 extra than I said, but I saw them and was like 'Have to include them!'
So I did. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*