Sunday, 29 May 2011

On My Bookshelf (7)

Have received a lot of books in the past week so I thought I'd make a post out of it!

My Books:

Bought:
- Where She Went - Gayle Forman - I screamed when I opened this from Amazon....that basically shows how I felt about it I guess

From The Library:
- Numbers - Rachel Ward - I've been meaning to read this for a while but never had the chance so jumped at the chance when I saw it in the library
- Annexed - Sharon Dogar - I picked it up because of the subject and the person it's based about but I once read something by this author...and didn't finish it and heard some not great reviews about the one...could be interesting.

Friend Gave Me:
- The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory - seen the film...could be interesting.
- The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette - Carolly Erickson - Again on the 'interesting' level. Been told it's a good'un though.
- Wicked - Gregory Maguire - I have seen the stage production which was AMAZING but then, I've heard the book lets it down...well, the book WAS written before the stage musical.


LAST MINUTE ADDITION:




Bought: 
- War of the Worlds - H.G.Wells - I got this today for £1 in a National Trust second hand bookshop that I went in with my parents as it's Bank Holiday weekend. It smells amazing - that rustic smell from old books. And I looked in the front and it's from 1946! So happy with this purchase :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely version of War of the Worlds! I am going to look for a copy of it when I visit the UK in August in a used bookshop. It seems like it's in great condition.

    I've only read The Other Boleyn Girl out of your other books, but I really enjoyed it! I thought it was a lot better than the film.

    Enjoy all your books! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's lovely and small so you can easily fit it into a hand bag. Yeah, in London, there are lots of bookshops in back streets, especially Covent Garden.
    Enjoy England when you come too! And bring some clothes for rain and wintry weather - we don't have a real proper summer here. A lot of people get caught out.

    Oh good, I was a bit unsure about the book really, but thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*