Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Favourite Minor Characters (#8)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish

*NOTE*: From now on, I shall be doing between 5-7 instead of 10 because they may look easy but these memes are actually quite hard to think about and remember. Also, with the other things happening in my life at the moment (yes I have one full of revision), I simply won't have the time. But I love doing these so they are happening still, just reduced


This week's theme is Those Favourite Minor Characters that never get any praise or acknowledgements


1. Victoria & Jonah from Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway - Victoria just made me laugh so much and the two of them together is just...they suit each other and together, they are even more hilarious than by themselves. I just loved them but a lot of the story and the reviews I've read are all about Audrey (naturally), James (who was also a great character) and Evan. They are just great people.

2. Bendy, the cat from Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway - Okay, so not a human but this cat just made me laugh out loud so much and I just...I want this cat. Likewise on above, this cat is NEVER mentioned but he is so awesome. Amazingly.

3. Val from Diving In by Kate Cann - I really didn't like this book at all. In fact, I have no idea why I gave it 3.5 out of 5. But one person I did love out of it was Val. She is amazing and really livened her bits up especially with the constant 'oh my god, I love Art but he wants sex. What should I do?' URGH SHUT UP.  Sorry. But Val should have been in it more frequently....like every scene.

4. Slim from Of Mice and Men - I love this guy. *Cue in English essay points* He is like the conscience of the ranch and he just understands everything and knows how to make people feel better and more assured. I just like him a lot.

5. Remi and Arno from Love Struck by Rachael Wing - They are twins and are good friends with the protagonist, Holly in the book. They are just so funny and even though they appear only a handful of times, they really do lighten up the atmosphere of the book a bit. I just thought that they should have more credit for providing most of the humour surrounding the book. 

2 comments:

  1. YES, V&J from Audre, Wait! AW was such a cute book with cute, cute characters. Nice picks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*