Saturday, 23 March 2013

On My Bookshelf (37)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

I went to the Lauren Oliver event at Waterstones Piccadilly this week so I picked up some books for the event as well as some extras as I was in the BIGGEST book store in England. I love walking around there because, although it is a BIG shop, it always seems quite peaceful for some reason. There are times when having a staff discount really is a perk.


Bought:

- Delirium by Lauren Oliver - I've read this one already but borrowed a library book when I did. At the signing I was already getting Requiem and I had Pandemonium at home so I had to finish the collection. Although I realised in the queue that I have different versions of all three books so they don't match...

- Requiem by Lauren Oliver - This is her newly released book and I've just started it - wow so far. I wasn't going to read it straight away but after being on a high from the evening talking and loving this series, I needed to know what happened in the end. I'm desperately trying not to look at the end - it's really hard!



- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - I was standing in the Teen section for about 15 minutes debating whether to get this or not. I'd read the first chapter at the back of my copy of Anna and the French Kiss (which I loved) and thought it sounded really good. However, when I went back to the section after the event at like 9.30pm, it was still there and in my tired state, I bought it (with my discount of course). Quite glad I did too.

- Insurgent by Veronica Roth - This was one of those grab-and-go purchases where I saw it on my way to the till and got it. I have a copy of Divergent and I'll probably be rushing to the shops when the third book comes out so I thought I might as well go for the whole series. I have read this book, it's so so good - go read Divergent!


Library:

- All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin - I've read two contemporary-ish reads by Zevin, Elsewhere and Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, both of which are good. I've seen this in bookshops but never been sure whether I would like it as it seems very different to what I know Zevin has written before. Looking forward to seeing what this is like, it sounds incredible. 



What did you receive this week? Have you read any of these books? 


7 comments:

  1. Hey
    I've been following your blog for quite some time and I just wanted to say I love reading your reviews. Most of the new books I discover are through your blog. Many a times I've gone through the archives when I'm stuck for what to read
    Much love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, that's so lovely to hear! I'm glad you enjoy the blog. If you want any more recommends, feel free to let me know :)

      Delete
  2. Wow I am in complete envy of all your lovely books and after reading Divergent can't wait to get my hands on Insurgent. I loved Delirium and have been searching for Pandemonium everywhere!! Thanks for sharing, Happy Reading.

    My STS Post:
    http://asupersunnyspot.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/stacking-shelves-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Divergent/Insurgent and I really liked Requiem even though I was so unsure what would happen. I think it was a really well put together book, you'll love it.
    Happy reading!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    Fiona @ Eventide Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! Delirium is fantastic, I have Pandemonium on my TBR pile but I haven't read it yet. I can see why you'd be tempted by looking at the ending Requiem... it must be so hard not to peek! :D
    Insurgent is amazing! Roth writes the BEST books! I really want to read Lola and the other books written by the author.
    Happy reading, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY IT IS SO HARD NOT TO LOOK especially with all the Requiem reviews around.
      I know Insurgent was just...EVERYTHING.

      Delete
  5. Ooh nice haul! I still need to read the Delirium trilogy, I have the first book on my kindle so I should really read it soon!

    I absolutely loved Divergent and I have Insurgent waiting on my TBR pile, about a month or so before the third Divergent book is released I'll re-read Divergent and then read Insurgent! :) Or I should just read it now, the problem is I can't really remember what happens in Divergent. Well, I can, but I need to refresh my memory. I'm rambling now, aren't I? O_O Moving on.

    Lola and the Boy Next Door and All These Things I Done also look amazing! Enjoy your new books! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*