Saturday, 30 March 2013

On My Bookshelf (38)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

I haven't received much recently, just a few review copies/e-books which I'm excited about.

For Review: 

- The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen - This is defined as a New Adult book, a genre I'm still trying to get my head around what it is exactly. This is my first known dose of the new genre so I'm interested to see if I enjoy it or not.
Thank you to Little, Brown for sending this to me!

Netgalley:



- The Rules For Disappearing by Ashley Elston - The blurb reminded me a bit of What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen....

- The Rose Throne by Metter Ivie Harrison - THAT COVER.

- Queen's Gambit by Elizabeth Fremantle - I saw a hardback copy of this at work the other day and my, it is pretty. And it's set in Tudor times. About a period of time at the end of Henry VIII's reign that I'm studying for History. And Catherine Parr. And the whole thing with Thomas Seymour. And I'M JUST SO HAPPY I WAS ACCEPTED TO READ THIS.


Have you read any of these books? What did you think? LET ME KNOW!
Also leave links to your version of On My Bookshelf and I'll check it out :)

3 comments:

  1. I feel bad that I haven't heard of any of these books! I have only read one New Adult book but really enjoyed it so I hope you like Ella and Micha :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rules For Disappearing looks really interesting and I've heard good stuff about Queen's Gambit (not one I would read myself though!)
    Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky enough to receive The Queen's Gambit to review back last year and I loved it. I really hope you do too, Rebecca, because I know how much you love historical fiction. Katherine's story was very emotional and I did cry at the end so do be warned! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*