Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Tuesday Top Ten: Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. 

I have too many books really that apply, this week's topic was TOO relevant. 

1. One Day by David Nicholls - Okay, so it was the book everyone was talking about and reading and loving. It was the book I heard about before the whole thing with the movie (another movie I am yet to watch but want to so badly). I saw this in a charity shop for like £2 over a year ago, bought it and since then, it's been sitting on my shelf unread.

2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusack - I saw so many good reviews for this book on the blogosphere and when I was studying Nazi Germany for GCSE's (WHICH WAS 2 YEARS AGO), I bought this book to help me learn it for the exam, because I find it easier to read what I'm learning in history in a novel. Yeah, that happened. 

3. Velvet by Mary Hooper - Mary Hooper is an insta-buy on my watch. Therefore, when this came out a couple of weeks ago, I desperately wanted a copy before everyone else to judge for myself because I love her writing so much. Again, yeah, that happened...

4. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - When I left secondary school, I was given a voucher with this Governor's award thing to buy some books. I bought this and Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier because they both meant something to me, special books. That was in the summer of 2011. I even went to the signing for A Monster Calls, got it signed by Patrick Ness and Jim Kay and yet I HAVEN'T READ IT (What is seriously wrong with me?!)

5. Across the Universe by Beth Revis - This is actually a proof I discovered in my local British Heart Foundation charity shop which I think I bought for about £1.50. One of the hottest books around, one I knew I would enjoy and all for under £2? Bargain. That would be fantastic...if I'd actually read it straight away. The whole bargain thing has worn off a bit). 

6. The Killables by Gemma Malley - I've been a huge fan of The Declaration series for quite a while now so when I heard about her new book last year, it was a must buy for me. I bought it at work, went home excited to have a copy of this on my bookshelf...and then promptly forgot about it. A whole year - it's time I think. 

7. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger - I bought this with The Killables. When I found out this was FINALLY making its way to UK bookshops, I was so pleased as I'd seen so many great reviews around the blogosphere from American bloggers. Obviously THAT excitement was short lived for me. I really don't know why I do this to myself really...


Have you read any of these books? Which ones would you recommend (so I can *finally* read them!)?

3 comments:

  1. I also haven't read Across the Universe yet but I am planning to (although that probably won't happen!).
    I can't believe you haven't read Velvet yet; it's so, so good!

    I hope you get around to reading these soon, Rebecca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added The Book Thief to my wish list shelf today, it looks really good and I love historical fiction! :) We should do a read-a-long for Across the Universe, as I have been meaning to read it too! :)

    And I have to buy A Monster Calls, Patrick Ness is the best,you are so lucky you got it signed! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely read One Day and The Book Thief, they're two of my favorite novels!

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*