Monday, 16 January 2012

Book Adaptations 2012

Last year, I created a list of Book Adaptations of 2011 (click here). I decided to create another list for this year. I shall be adding to this when and where I hear about any more this year.
I love book adaptation and there are so many on this list I want to see (HUNGER GAMES!) so when I see them, I'll write a review for you guys if you're deliberating on seeing the movie.
Enjoy!

January:
13th - War Horse (starring Jeremy Irvine, Emily Watson, Benedict Cumberbatch)
27th - The Descendants (starring George Clooney, Judy Greer)

February:
10th - The Woman in Black (starring Daniel Radcliffe, Ciaran Hinds, Shaun Dooley)
17th - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (starring Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock, Thomas Horn)

March:
16th - Mirror, Mirror (adaptation of Snow White) (starring Julia Roberts, Lily Collins, Armie Hammer)
23rd - The Hunger Games (starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth)

April:

May:

June:
1st - Snow White and the Huntsman (starring Kristen Stewart, Charlie Theron, Chris Hemsworth)

July:
3rd - The Amazing Spider-Man (starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone)
20th - The Dark Knight Rises (starring Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy)
27th - Dr.Seuss' The Lorax (starring Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, Betty White)

August:
3rd - Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (starring Zachary Gordon, Devon Bostick, Steve Zahn)
17th - The Bourne Legacy (starring Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz)

September:
7th - Anna Karenina (starring Keira Knightley, Jude Law, Emily Watson)
21st - The Perks of Being a Wallflower (starring Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, Ezra Miller)
21st - Now is Good - based on Before I Die (starring Dakota Fanning, Jeremy Irvine)

October:
19th - Cloud Atlas (starring Tom Hanks, Jim Sturgess, Halle Berry, Hugh Grant)
26th - Skyfall 007 (starring Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, Maggie Smith)

November:
16th - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2 (starring Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Launter)

December:
6th - Great Expectations (starring Ralph Fiennes, Helena Bonham Carter, Jeremy Irvine)
7th - Les Miserables (starring Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Hugh Jackman)
14th - Life of Pi - (starring Suraj Sharma, Tobey Maguire, Gerard Depardieu)
19th - The Hobbit (starring Martin Freeman, Cate Blanchett, Orlando Bloom)
26th - The Great Gatsby (starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton)
*RELEASE DATE NOW MOVED TO JULY 2013*


3 comments:

  1. OHHH!! There are a lot of goods adaptations!! I want see The Hunger Games and Mirror Mirror now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH awesome!!! :D I can't wait for SO many of these, even when i haven't even read the book yet ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I really want to see Hunger Games and the Snow White ones.
    This looks to be a great year in Book Adaptations.

    Audrey: Personally, I don't think you need to have read the book to watch these but something like Hunger Games would help really :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*