Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Tuesday Top Ten: Most Anticipated Book Adaptations of 2012

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week is a FREEBIE so I decided to do this one which was a past 'Top Ten Tuesday' topic before I joined the programme. Also, sorry for missing so many of these, I have been quite busy recently with college work and keep forgetting about these on a Tuesday!


These are just the ones I'm looking forward to. If you would like a full list for the year 2012, click here :) 


1. THE HUNGER GAMES



Needless I say anymore? I love this book, I love the idea and I am so looking forward to seeing it being adapted for the screen.




2. Mirror, MirrorSnow White and the Huntsman






I'm surprised they're releasing two big Hollywood movies about the same book around the same time. Both of these set to be amazing and very different from one another. Snow White is such a lovely adaptable story so it will be interesting to see how each movie tells the story.

4. Les Miserables
Okay, so this hasn't actually been made yet but it is supposed to be released in 2012. I mean Amanda Seyfrield, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter - all in one movie? I'm there.


5. THE GREAT GATSBY




Filming finished. Teaser photographs. AH I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE. It's annoying because I'm studying this novel now but it is will be released in December after my exam. But I shall be dragging my friends to go and see this. This looks set to be amazing. And my cousin is in it!


6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower




Emma Watson. Just. Emma Watson. 
This book was..erm...interesting when I read it and as Stephan Chboksy is directing this film as well, it could still be...erm, interesting. AH EMMA WATSON. 


7. Great Expectations
After watching the BBC adaptation of this Dicken's book, I fell in love with this story - I mean, Havisham, Pip- oh Pip. Recently I found out that they is going to be a Hollywood version of this novel starring Helena Bonham Carter as Havisham- so, watch this space. 

2 comments:

  1. Great topic! I didn't know about some of these, so thanks for listing them. :)

    I am SO looking forward to Les Mis myself. Now I'm tempted to push The Great Gatsby up on my reading list so I can have it read and see that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think Les Mis is going to great and The Great Gatsby! Ah, I cannot wait until December!

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*