Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Top Tuesday Top Ten: Books whose Titles or Covers made me buy it

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is Books that I bought just because it had an amazing cover or title

1. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher - I liked this sound of it too and saw a lot of good reviews for it on the blogosphere BUT NEVER SAW THE ACTUAL BOOK ANYWHERE. So, when I went into work at Oxfam and found it on the shelves, I picked it up, looked at the cover and then casually crept it under the counter to buy later. 
I love the cover. Book definitely not so much. 

2. Shadow Web - N.M.Browne - I had seen this repeatedly in the library, but never bothered to pick it up. However, when I did finally one day. I saw the cover and rushed over to the counter already getting my purse out. (You can see a theme of rushing here...)

3. The Other Countess - Eve Edwards - Now, Waterstones don't do this offer any more but they used to do a 3 for 2 offer on selected books. Anyway, I have two books in my hand and like ever I ramble through the shop, suddenly, sharply (alliteration, anyone...), turning when I see the bright orange sticker and then normally rambling back again when I see it's not a book I am interested in. 
This one I saw and was interested though. I had fallen in love with Historical Romance books again after reading The Secret Countess (Eva Ibbotson). This cover is gorgeous. So gorgeous. I mean THAT DRESS. I WANT IT. So, this was me free book :)


4. The Luxe - Anna Godbersen - You see my reaction to the dress on the front of The Other Countess? This was pretty much the same but with a screech when I saw it FINALLY in my school library. 

5. Wither - Lauren DeStefano - I HAVE A THING FOR BEAUTIFUL DRESSES ON THE FRONT OF BOOKS...also Wither? Intriguing...

6. The Sky Is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson - Wow. That was my reaction when I saw this book in the shops (and stared at it for about two weeks). It was a journal, not a book. It was bound, with amazing photographs and poems in there, and written on the loveliest paper. I was in love with this bound book. YOU WANT SOME PROOF? Click here, oh and here and I think the review shows lastly my love. 


* I was so mad when I wrote this...I have just done two hours of Media homework/coursework so my brain was scrambled. 


1 comment:

  1. Rebecca,

    thanks to your wonderful blog I have material for posting:) Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*