Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Books I wish I could read again for the first time

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is Books that I wish I could read again for the first time not knowing what was going to happen

1. Any Sarah Dessen books - I have read them all so the thrill of her writing and plots has started to fade slightly, although I still need to read her newest books, What Happened to Goodbye

2. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne - when I first read this book, I didn't quite know what to expect. I didn't understand the blurb and people had said how harrowing this book is. After re-reading this book this year, I realised that this is true and I want this confused, afraid self to read it now, not entirely sure what is going to happen until it hits you.

3. Shadow Web - N.M. Browne - one of my favourite ever books, this book makes me laugh, cry, smile, be angry. I want those emotions first hand, not knowing when I need to feel them.

4. The Declaration series - Gemma Malley - I haven't re-read this but I liked reading the series throughout slowly understanding what Longetivity was and wondering why Anna and Peter were going to do next, would they live? WOULD THEY FINALLY KISS? 

5. The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness - I haven't read this book in years but I know when I do, despite not remembering what happened, I won't be able to help thinking of what happens in the future two books. 


3 comments:

  1. Undoubtedly, this is a great blog, and I hope you will write even ten years after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striped Pajamas is on my TBR list. It sounds like I'll have to brace myself for that one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*