Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Ten Books I would love to be seen made into Movies #4

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.

*Sorry I haven't been doing this for the last two weeks - Blame Drama rehearsals/performances

This week's theme is Books I would love to be seen made into Movies


1) Shadow Web - N.M.Browne - for those who have seen my review of the book, you will know that I LOVE this book and even when I first read it, I've always thought that it should be made into a movie. I think it would be easy to make and interesting too to see the change in the different lives. I would love this book to be a movie and to show how far I wanted it to happen - I started to write a script of it last summer. However, I'm no script-writer and only got to Chapter Two but still, I have so many reasons why this should be a movie. OH MY GOD I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS AS A MOVIE! Calm Rebecca, Calm

2) Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac - Gabrielle Zevin - I read this book last year and I thought it would make a pretty decent movie and interesting too. I can imagine it being made a little like 'Speak' - kind of showing you that whole American high school thing. And the hospital scenes would be easy enough. I would watch it at least.

3) The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen - I don't think the whole book should be made into a movie but there are parts of this one which I can see in movie form and could be interesting like that. I love this book - it's one of my favourites but I do think not all of it should be made otherwise it might ruin it for those that do love this book to pieces *points at me*

4) What I Saw and How I Lied - Judy Blundell - this is one of those books which start at the end and then do backwards and I think if it was made into a movie, it should be done this way too. I can imagine the sparkling dinner scenes and the 1940 type glittery dresses being used for this one. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I can see this being able to be a movie. Might be slightly better than the actual book.

5) The Sky Is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson - Joey was going to film the beginning of this book for a project at school and by the sounds of it when she told me, had lots of ideas for it and I could imagine it. She didn't do it in the end because she had a limited time but still, I can imagine at least the beginning of this book being made into a film. The poems need to be added in somehow without losing the mystery behind them but someone could come up with a way to do that, right? Yeah...I would again watch that.

6) 13 Little Blue Envelopes - Maureen Johnson - With the characters and the continuous change of locations, I can see this being a movie and being a little bit like Bridget Jones with some of the funny moments throughout this book. And Maureen Johnson, in general, is funny as I've seen through her tweets.

------------
Sorry guys but that's it for today. I need to do some revision and to be honest, all the other books I can think of that I love are well...I think they would be ruined if made into a movie...*cough* Twilight *cough*

8 comments:

  1. I wonder how you would really feel about a Sarah Dessen book (or two) being made into a movie - see "How to Deal". Personally I loved it because I think Mandy Moore is a great actress (especially in this movie), and Trent Ford looks a lot like the grown-up version of my ex-boyfriend, and I still like the looks of that lad. Also, the meshing of stories worked. I haven't read the books though, so that's a different story (in the truest sense of the words)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually wrote about the fact that Trent Ford and my former boyfriend look a lot alike here: http://queennessie.blogspot.com/2011/02/serial-if-my-live-were-movie-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! i almost put What I Saw and How I Lied on my list, just seeing the costuming and theming alone would probably be worth it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's quality not quantity that counts, nice list. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list and great choices.

    Stop and see mine and my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if you have read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova? I didn't see it on your review list. I feel this way about this book and it was procured by Sony but no screen play has been finished. I found it all consuming once I got into its lush historic details and monster legends. Its on my top list of books of all time, right up there with To Kill A Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I Saw and How I Lied would be a fantastic movie. I wish I'd thought of that! Have you read Judy Blundell's new book? It's coming up on my to-read list very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nessie: See being a true Sarah Dessen fan/manic, I didn't like the movie 'How to Deal' although I too thought Mandy Moore was good and I liked how they mixed the two books up. However, 'Someone Like You' is much better in book form than movie form. 'That Summer' is better as a movie though.

    artismymuse, kaye: Thank You! :)

    Tribute Books Mama: Thank you. I shall have a look now.

    Queen of the Universe: No I haven't but someone I know has recommended that to me recently - I can't remember who it was though. I'll have a look at it on Goodreads. See, I didn't like To Kill A Mockingbird - however, I did it at school two years ago and analysis-ed it to death so probably didn't help.

    Katie: I know! I can so imagine it. I want it to be a movie so much! No I haven't - actually I didn't know she had released one. I'll have a look :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*