Thursday, 7 April 2011

I am a very happy Rebecca.

DRAMA. IS. OVER.

I am over the moon. Literally (well not quite literal but you know what I mean...).

We performed in front on parents/teachers/fellow pupils on Tuesday night and after a rather distressing, confusing and down right depressing dress rehearsal at 7.30pm in the evening, we and mostly I was freaking out.

Anyway, we performed and it went amazingly. We depressed the crowd with our play and got, what my parents thought was, the biggest clap and woop-woop's. I've had a lot of comments since, even from my Headteacher who was apparently moved to tears, and my Form Tutor and another teacher I know. It's so weird to be praised like that with things like 'It's one of the best plays I've seen here at GCSE', 'You made me cry', 'It was so sad and so powerful' and then finally there was a 'Can I see it again?'

Then, today, at about 1pm, I had 'THE Exam.' Oh my god. Going first is one of the most nerve-racking things and I was slightly more nervous than Tuesday and I mucked up one of my lines and got confused but the music worked so so so so SO perfectly - me and Joey were so happy because the sound guys messed the MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF MUSIC AT THE END up (Joey wanted to hunt them down in the middle of the night and torture them - something she wouldn't normally want to do generally)

Sorry. I digress and am using a lot of and's.

Anyway. I was happy with my performance and I think I did well. I was aiming for A/B but I DON'T FIND OUT UNTIL AUGUST. URGH.

Anyway. It's over. So happy days.

For those who didn't know, I did a play for my Drama GCSE exam called Hard To Swallow (yeaah laugh at the name) based on a true story of a girl who died of anorexia and how it affected her family and the way that hospitals at that time (the 70's/80's) didn't even care about it and thought she was simply being difficult.
It is a good play I think, if done well but is very...'out there'

Anyway. I'm off to watch some TV because I'm shattered.
Have a nice weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love when plays are done and dusted. Though I tend to miss them. Oh well :) x

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*