Sunday, 19 February 2012

On My Bookshelf (14)

This meme is inspired by the similar meme, 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren  (I don't have a Mailbox...)

So this week has passed by FAST sleeping and going to London mostly. However, it was my 17th birthday last week and as I'm apparently 'oh so hard to buy for' - guess what the majority of my presents were? BOOKS!

This week also marked the first hard copy book received by a publisher to be reviewed which I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT. Ironically, it arrived around my blogoversary which was on the 17th. Two whole years of Rebecca-Books - such a crazy thought.


Given (for my birthday):
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery - As my friend said: Because every child should read this book
Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper - I've read this already - review
Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend by Cora Harrison - AHH, this is the sequel to the amazing first book of Cora Harrison, I was Jane Austen's Best Friend - here's my review
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan - Need I explain?
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - I was talking to my friend about this book and said it looked interesting and I wanted to read it (me thinking of borrowing from library) but my friend had other plans and the next day, turned up with this for my birthday - no complains.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - you will not believe how irritating it is to be an English blogger sometimes. Seeing every single American book blogger I follow review this and rave on and on about it - quite annoying. Anyway, I slightly screamed when I saw this in my friend's book store where she works. However, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS 3 FOR 2, I refrained from buying it and it turned up the next day with Amy & Roger. I love my friend (I assure you I did not buy it for you to get it - I merely was not sure about buying it and couldn't find a 3rd book...)



Borrowed: 
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan - I started this one a couple of days ago - SO sweet so far.

For Review:
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - this is the first hard copy from a publisher. I know I'm going on and on but I'm just pretty happy that this happened. I want to go into publishing eventually and with this happening and the blog being successful, it makes my dream job look more and more likely - hopefully.


Have a good week!

7 comments:

  1. Anna and the French Kiss is awesome!!

    Our IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of that Jane Austen series, I'm going to have to check it out =)

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely look out for them - they're really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *still* haven't read Anna and the French Kiss! Would love to hear your thoughts on it, maybe it could give me the final push to actually get my hands on the book ;p

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah sure, I'll let you know when I have a review up for it (be prepared to wait a bit though - I am slow at reading)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a brilliant collection of books! I have Will Grayson, Will Grayson although I haven't read it yet. V. jealous that you got Amy and Roger's as I've been wanting to read it for months! Happy reading :)
    (Also, Blogger wouldn't let me log in, but it's Amyrose)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guessed :)
    Yeah I'm looking forward to both those books. I'll let you know what they're like when I read them :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*