Sunday, 12 September 2010

9/11

Yesterday evening, I was watching TV with my parents and we decided to watch 9/11: State of Emergency which is a documentary about 9/11 as it was of course 9 years since 9/11 yesterday. As I was watching it, it did make me feel not only a bit emotional but a bit scared. I mean, I travel a lot. I go on a plane as least 3 times every year and I've never had something like that happen to me, fortunatly. But what about those who did? It would have been terrible for those who were in the Twin Towers at the time and those on the aeroplane and those at the Pentagon.
   I don't remember 9/11. It was 9 years ago and I had just started Year 2 and I was a 6 year old girl who loved Barbies. So for me, it wasn't a big thing as I live in the UK. It would have been different if I lived in the US. But my mum said as we watched the documentary last night, that the first plane hit around 2:10pm in England. She said that she found out when her collegue at work had had an e-mail from his son saying he was okay and had flown the night before to Canada from New York. I mean, talk about luck.

Last year, I went to New York. It was a place I've always wanted to go to and one of the places we went to was Ground Zero. You don't realise the sheer size of the place until you go there. It's actually pretty amazing. I remember saying to my mum as we went up the Empire State Building and on the Staten Island Ferry that goes past the Statue of Liberty that, imagine being up the Empire State Building or on that ferry looking at the Twin Towers and seeing a plane just crash into it. It would have been an amazing and terrifing sight.
So. I wanted to write this because I forgot to add something in my post yesterday and about my thoughts from watching that programme.
Again. Thanks for reading if you got this far. Leave a comment about your experiences that day. :)


The gap where the Twin Towers were
Found in the rubble mostly intact. It used to be in the foyer of
one of the Towers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*