Sunday, 16 December 2012

On My Bookshelf (31)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

 

Netgalley:

- Summerset Abbey by T.J.Brown - This is the first book in a new trilogy following three girls in 1900's England. After seeing a few reviews of this book, it seems like the kind of historical fiction I enjoy: teenage girl in society, their struggles - this seems like a mix of The Luxe and Downton Abbey. I've started it already and I can already see some references to Downton...

- Geek Girl by Holly Smalle - I think any girl in their teens that has ever been called a geek (*raises hand*) should read this by the sounds of it. It sounded very good (a little like The Look I thought?) and I loved the cover. I also saw a tweet from Ciceley from Ciceley Loves Books that she was loving it for the humour which sold me a little bit. 


Also, I have been doing some reading (finally) mostly because so far in the last week I've had three days off sick with a bad cold, aches and sore throat (I'm a real mess) but that's good because it gives me an excuse to sit in bed and read ALL DAY. Which I never have a chance to do normally. So reviews are coming up (at some unknown point) for these two books. WATCH OUT.

 



1 comment:

  1. I received Geek Girl the other week in the post and absolutely loved it! I hope you enjoy it, too!
    I'm going to have to try Summerset Abbey as I love historical fiction! I'll have a look at Netgalley now...

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*