Wednesday, 5 December 2012

British Book Challenge 2013

This is a challenge that I have participated in since it started in 2011, originally founded by Becky from The Bookette. In 2012, it came Kirsty from The overflowing library to lead the British Books Challenge for it's second year. And now, for 2013, Sarah from Feeling Fictional to take her turn and run the challenge.

Being a British blogger, sometimes I think we as readers don't appreciate the origins of a book we're reading. Most of the time, I don't realise that the author is American, English, Australian, Scottish - wherever. It's not something we think about. That's why I love this challenge - it really opens people's eyes to the fact that some amazing authors are in fact British.

If you would like to sign up yourself, click here for more information and to sign up

{}

The challenge is to read as many books as you wish that are written by British authors. For the last couple of years, I've read over 12 books that were by British authors (which is a bit pathetic really considering I am from England!) so I'm going for 20 books in 2013. If I clear my TBR pile, that could count for at last half so...

Here are some books that I hope to FINALLY read this year:
1. Velvet - Mary Hooper
2. The Girl in the Mask - Marie-Louise Jensen
3. Arabella - Georgette Heyer
4. Girl, Missing - Sophie McKenzie
5. A Company of Swans - Eva Ibbotson
6. My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece - Annabel Pitcher
7. A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness
8. The Name of the Star - Maureen Johnson
9. Changeling - Philippa Gregory
10. The Killables - Gemma Malley


Books Read that Contribute to Challenge (links to reviews):


5 comments:

  1. Yay! You have inspired me to join in! I was going to try this year but started a little late to blogging so I'm looking forward to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great to hear! I really like this challenge, good luck :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you'll enjoy Velvet by Mary Hooper. I read it a while back and loved it. Have you read her other books?

    I'm hoping to beat my 2012 score of 34 books, but only time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I've read most of her books - they're all very good. I would say Mary Hooper probably got me into historical fiction. I was lucky enough to meet her a few years ago, she was so lovely!
      Wow, 34!Good Luck :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the challenge Rebecca, I hope you enjoy taking part! I loved Velvet, My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece and Changeling so hopefully you will too. Quite a lot of the other books you mentioned are on my to read pile so I'll look forward to reading your reviews :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*