Saturday, 1 December 2012

Looking back at OCTOBER and NOVEMBER

Previous months: 
February
March
April
May
June
July

August

September

I didn't get round to doing one of these 'Looking Back' posts for October because of the many posts I needed to write up in half term and when I came back from Rome so this is a combined one for the last two months.

Where has it all gone? In May, I was thinking how long it was taking to get to the summer. But then suddenly it was September and then November and now it's the 1st December?! The last few months have been incredibly busy and stressful trying to juggle both my personal life, working life and my college life as well as managing a blog. So I decided to make blogging less stressful and demanding because to be honest, it was starting to be a hassle, and make my blogging life less constricted and having to post every few days. It's been nice to think that I don't have to rush through a novel I'm enjoying to write a review. I can read in my own time.

This month's most significant development was the offers from all 5 universities I have applied to study at next September. These are: Bournemouth, Anglia Ruskin (in Cambridge), Oxford Brookes, Winchester and Goldsmiths (part of University of London) to do a Media and Communications degree. While some of my friends are being rejected, stressing over the long wait until January in order to find out their places, I feel quite proud I was able to get into all five within about 20 days of sending my application. I had 3 places before UCAS had even sent my Welcome Letter!


Reviews: 

Also Read: 
Alice in Wonderland (movie tie-in)
Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D.Salinger
The Yellow Wallpaper - Charlotte Perkins Gilman (for college)

Some personal favourites that I will ALWAYS recommend at work in the future are The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Breathe and Never Let Me Go. I really enjoyed these books, especially Breathe and Never Let Me Go, the latter I felt I couldn't write a justified review for but if you have a copy, read it, it's fantastic!
The Yellow Wallpaper was a huge surprise for me. I read an extract in my English Lit class and when we had to choose a book to compare with Wide Sargasso Sea for our coursework, it seemed like a good choice. It's such a short story (30 pages) yet so much can be said about it. So if you want a short read, go for this one - little bit weird in places but remember she's mad!


Memes:



Other:


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I really need to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower and will have to look for it at my library!
    I really loved Breathe and am so glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*