Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Tuesday Top Ten: Books to read in a day

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. 


This week's theme is books that I would recommend to ANYONE to read within a day - or I have done so myself (although as I'm quite a slow reader and have limited time ALL THE TIME, it is rare for me to read a book in a day)


1. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green - I have literally just finished this this morning and honestly, right now, I would make someone read it for the rest of the day to see the amazingness of this book. My friend, Emma, in fact did read this in a day - a college day. How, I do not know. Another friend, George - two days (one of which she was working). THIS IS A QUICK BOOK BECAUSE IT IS SO GREAT. (prepare for my rant on how amazing this is later in the week)


2. Shadow Web - N.M.Browne - this is one of those rare books which I have in fact read in a day. This is a dark horse of YA - I think it should get so much more attention that it actually gets. I just love the idea of it. (Review)


3. Once - Morris Gleitzman - This is a short story, so therefore, it is easy enough to read within a day, even if you were doing something e.g. working. The other two books in the series are equal in length - if you try this one, check out the sequel Then - written so well. (Review)


4. The Lover's Dictionary - David Levithan - this isn't one of my favourite books ever read but it is pretty darn powerful and great to read. It may not be particularly memorable plot-wise, but the format is the thing that is memorable and original - it is written in the form of a dictionary with words that mean something to a couple. With some pages only having a sentence, I flew through this book eagerly. (Review)


5. Star-crossed - Rachel Wing - This looks like one of those 'typical' fluffy teenage books for younger teens. And in a way it is. BUT HOLD YOUR HORSES ON YOUR JUDGEMENTS, this was a lovely little find for my 14 year-old self. It is written in 2nd person which makes it so interesting. And it is absolutely hilarious at points and so heart-breaking at others. Read it. (Review)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*