Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Books on my bookshelf that are collecting some lovely dust

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is Books that are STILL on my bookshelf, unread, crying, weeping and collecting rather a lot of dust...


I would say Hunger Games but I don't have a copy...NEED to read the next two...


1. The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han - I know I know...I BOUGHT THIS OVER A YEAR AGO. Why have I not read it? I aimed to do it over summer from the title, but NO?! Right, NEXT YEAR I SHALL.


2. What Happened to Goodbye - Sarah Dessen - First one to buy it in Waterstone's...why Rebecca? *walks way in shame.*


3. Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro - Believe me, the contiuous reviews I see on the blogosphere and slowly eating away at my bookcase and myself. This shall appear soon I promise...


4. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak - Bought for the GCSE's? REBECCA THAT WAS 6 MONTHS AGO. Enough said. URGH. 


5. The King's Speech - Mark Logue - For this one, I am trying to find the right time...which was going on holiday...which didn't happen. Sorry 'bout that....


6. Wither - Lauren DeStafano - New addition to my bookcase but it is getting some dust on it...


7. The Welsh Girl - Peter Ho Davies - SEVEN YEARS TO FIND A COPY OF THIS BOOK and I shall haven't read it...again I promise I shall but it's taking time at the moment. 


Sorry, doing this quickly on the way to my coursework...

7 comments:

  1. oh man - the book thief is intense but a really good read! never let me go is on my tbr shelf just waiting for the right moment lol . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had The Book Thief on my TBR way longer than that! You should feel smug really for it only being there 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wither & The Book Thief are collecting dust on my shelf too. I even bought the next 2 in the Book Thief series to add to it! lolz.
    new follower :)
    BOOKS & BEYOND

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette? I just added it to my TBR. Hopefully it will not gather dust ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julianne: Oh good, I'm glad I know not alone in the non-readers of this book at the moment! :)

    Diary: GOOD! So looking forward to reading it.

    Books and Beyond: hang on, what? There's a series? I did not know this! Oh god, that's bad. Maybe it hasn't come out in England yet because I've never seen other books by him apart from The Book Thief. Hmmm...
    Oh yeah, well, it's okay. It's not amazing, but then it's not boring. It's rather graphic in places. But it's okay. A review should be coming up soon, I've got about 15 pages left. Thank you!

    THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*