Sunday, 13 November 2011

On My Bookshelf (11)

This meme is inspired by the similar meme, 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren  (I don't have a Mailbox...)


- Sorry about my negativity from the post earlier...




Bought for the Kindle:
- Hazel by Julie Hearn - sounds so interesting, and I hope I enjoy it. I've heard this is the best out of her books out at the moment, and the fact I bought it for £1.99 - worth it.
- The Mediator: Love you to Death by Meg Cabot - come on, this is Meg Cabot who has never failed to disappoint me. And it was 99p in the Kindle Rainy Day Reads Sale. BARGAIN.


And this was the view out of my window when I went upstairs to take the photos above. So pretty, you can just about see the sun on the horizon. This photo really reminds me of winter.

8 comments:

  1. For someone who has never read a Meg Cabot book, tell me why I should. :) Just curious since you recommend her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have read the whole of the Princess Diaries series, which she is most famous for. Also, a book called Teen Idol.

    She is a young adult writer and I think one of the most hilarious authors I have read. The thing is she makes her characters believable while adding a lot of humour mixed in with some beautiful descriptions ever so often. For me, I can imagine the setting she is talking about and the characters clearly. If you're not a fan of romance, humour or young adult, don't read them. Apart from that, you should enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Abandon by Meg Cabot I should check this one out as well!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! I've never read the Mediator series. I'd like to try it. Enjoy!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes do, it had 5/5 on Amazon so I presume its amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool. I read a lot of YA but typically fantasy Dark Materials series, Hunger Games series, Harry Potter series (all of which I loved) and Twilight series (that I completely hated). My NaNoWriMo book this year will be YA and is sort of sci-fi steam punk.

    I enjoy the funny...I will check her's out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, she's more of a teenage girl writer on love, school, guys - that kind of thing.

    I love Hunger Games. It is very different from the YA you mentioned though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really? All of those series are classified at YA...I think Hunger Games is very similar, particularly to the Dark Materials series though it is more about traveling back and forth between parallel worlds, but both being considered YA Sci Fi. I liked them both particularly because Talisman by Stephen King is one of my favs and they remind me of that book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*