Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Book I read that were outside my Comfort Zone

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is Books that were outside my comfort zone while reading (whether I liked them or not)

1. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Andersen - this book is incredibly hard to read for anyone I would say. I know that people mostly choose books such as Twilight and Hunger Games but...this. I didn't quite know what it was about, but well...it is a sad book basically. And quite harrowing. 


2. A Child called 'It' - Dave Pelzer - I read this in Year 8 and although I never finished it, I think it has stayed with me since.


3. The Declaration - Gemma Malley - this was my first dystopian so I did not quite know what to expect. The violence, sadness and just all the deception that goes on in the background was interesting and had me rooting for Anna. So glad I read this though.


4. Dreamland - Sarah Dessen -this book addresses the issue of domestic violence. It's hard watching it on TV or even in reality but it's also hard to read about it and know exactly what victim is thinking emotionally. This book is different to Sarah Dessen's usual writing, but I still loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*