Saturday, 12 February 2011

On My Bookshelf (6)

Hello. Sorry this is a bit late. I've been waiting for a while so I have a decent amount.
 Anyway, this is my version of 'In My Mailbox' because honestly, I'm not known well enough to have publishers and authors to send me books - and I'm still working out how that can happen.

Here are a few things I've acquired over the last few weeks:


From Library:
Audrey, Wait! - Robin Benway


Bought:
The Queen's Lady - Eve Edwards
I was Jane Austen's Best Friend - Cora Harrison

Given for Birthday (You can see what my family and friends buy me mostly):
The Guernsey Literacy and Peel Potato Society (Bought by Joey and Grace)
The Brightest Star in the Sky - Marian Keyes (Also Bought by Joey and Grace)
Looking For Alaska - John Green (Bought by Tijana - i've been wanting to read John Green a while now...)
The King's Speech - Mark Logue - this is the book of the new British film starring Colin Firth
Magic Flutes - Eva Ibbotson
A Song For Summer - Eva Ibbotson


So, quite a lot of books this month.
Have you read any of these books? How did you find them?

I would be interested to know. :)

4 comments:

  1. I've read 'Looking for Alaska' its pretty good but not a favourite, worth a read though (:
    I started 'Potato Peel Pie Society' but I didn't finish it, i'm not sure why.
    Eva Ibboston's books are meant to be really good, hope you enjoy them and all the others

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I didn't know or want 'Potato Peel Pie Society' but my friend's got it for me and when I read reviews about it, they said it was good. But I'll find out.

    Oh yeah, I've read some of her books before, they are good, I think.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The King's Speech is by Lionel Logue's grandson right? That looks really interesting, I might have to borrow that off you when you're done :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*