Monday, 24 September 2012

On My Bookshelf (28)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea


Bought:



- Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan - Since reading Dash and Lily's Book of Dares (review) and The Lover's Dictionary (review), I've fallen in love with Levithan's writing. It is very unique and different and the ideas he creates are just so original. He reminds me a lot of John Green actually. 
Anyway, after the anniversary of 9/11, I thought it was time to buy this book with a gift voucher I found for Amazon. I think this is going to be an emotional read...

- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - I have actually read this before, having borrowed the book from the school library. However, with the release of the movie impending (*squeals*), and this exclusive cover being released at work, it's just TOO pretty not to buy. Right? (review)

E-books:


- VIII by H.M.Castor - This was on the Amazon Daily Deal the other day for 99p and after loving this book and understanding all the historical references from studying History, I thought I would buy a copy of it. (I got the book out of the library before). H.M.Castor is also a lovely writer so you should check this out! (review)



Have you read any of these books? What did you think? What books did you get? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*