Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Tuesday Top Ten: Series I haven't finished.

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. 

(Quick message. I just realised I have 100 followers now! Thank you all so much for following the blog, however long its been. Keep commenting and let me know what you think!)


Every reader's had it. You start a series, knowingly or not, and then face the problem of choosing to hunt around bookstores or libraries to find the next in the series or wait until the book comes along. Like fate as such. I'm one of these people that I really have to dislike a book in order not to finish the series.

This week's topic is interesting and has made me realise the numerous possibilities (and faults on my part) why I haven't finished a series. Awaiting release, haven't got round to reading it yet, haven't got a copy - here are some of the series and their reasons why I haven't quite heard the last of them yet.

(I'm going to exclude books where the next book in the series hasn't been realised because I can't help that!)



1. Diving In - Kate Cann - I read the first book in this series out of curiosity. Never again. One of the worst books I have read. I think my review says it all (review)



2. The Hunger Games Series: Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins - I have a small problem with the fact I think 'Ooo pretty book' or in this case 'AH HUNGER GAMES' and buy it and then not read it for a while. I've got as far as book 2 - just need to get to book 3. Although I think I know what happens anyway :S (review for #1) (review for #2)



3. The Chemical Garden series: Fever by Lauren DeStefano - Same as #2. BUT THE BOOK IS SO PRETTY. Also, as a sidenote, Lauren DeStefano rocks. You know why? SHE POSTS SOME OF THE MOST CUTEST PICTURES OF HER CATS ON INSTAGRAM. Seriously, most of the pictures I like on Instagram is of her cats. It's an obsession okay... (review of Wither #1)



4. Jane Austen series: Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend by Cora Harrison - Oh, Rebecca let's just BYPASS THE SEQUEL TO 'I was Jane Austen's Best Friend' AND MOVE ONTO CORA HARRISON'S NEXT SERIES, 'Debutantes'. You know, that works. 

Oh why I haven't read this book? Similar to #2 & #3. But Cora Harrison doesn't post pictures of cats unfortunately. She's still great though... (review for #1) (review for Debutantes)


5. The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson - Maybe I'm just blind, maybe just it hasn't come out in the UK? Whatever the reason, I am yet to see a hard physical copy that I am able to pick up of this book. 

Equally, I thought the first book, 13 Little Blue Envelopes, was just alright, so I'm not exactly running around the libraries across London to get this book. (review for #1)


6. Delirium series: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver - I've only just caught the Lauren Oliver bug when I read Delirium, the first book. I'm definitely up for the sequel (and then the third book...) but I just haven't got a copy yet. That may be rectified at Christmas. (review for #1) (review for Before I Fall)



7. Bumped series: Thumped by Megan McCafferty - Urgh. Bumped. That was quite an interesting and enlightening read, I have to say, but let's just say I'm not crazy about it. Then, once I heard the second book was called Thumped, that sealed this series fate. BUMPED? THUMPED? Oh dear Mother of Squirrels. (review for Bumped)



8. Noughts and Crosses: Double Cross by Malorie Blackman - I read and loved the first three Noughts and Crosses books, and even met Malorie Blackman a year ago (so lovely!). But I got a copy of the last in the series for a Christmas years and years ago but just wasn't a fan anymore. I can't even remember what happened in the first three books completely, only a hazy memory of the first book, so I don't think I'll ever finish this series which is a shame. 



And some series I haven't even started too...
- The Summer series by Jenny Han - Long story. 
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Divergent by Veronica Roth - I have heard amazing things however!
- The Flappers series by Jillian Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*