Tuesday, 10 September 2013

University and Blogging Thoughts

So after my celebratory return to the blogosphere in June after a few months off for exams, I have been in a bit of a blogging break. Again. Without really telling anyone. It just kind of happened.

I haven't been sitting at home twiddling my thumbs however. I worked A LOT over the summer and in the last few weeks since my exam results, I've been preparing for university. It's incredibly weird because I have been preparing for this moment to actually GO to university yet in the whirlwind of the last month, it's clear that you can never be prepared for the experience. This time last year I was applying to university, desperately pouring over prospectuses, finding statistics and redrafting and redrafting my personal statement (which now makes me cringe when I read it).
Now, I have a mere four days until I'm packing up my room into boxes, suitcases and shoe boxes (actually so useful and FREE), piling it all into my dad's car and taking the two hour single trip to Bournemouth where I shall be living for the next 3 years. It's a weird thought to say the least. And I hadn't quite gotten it in my head that I was going to university until I was saying goodbye to one of my best friends at the weekend. It wasn't a 'bye, see you next time'. It was a heartfelt goodbye to someone who means a lot to me and I won't be seeing for months. It's a bit bizarre to say the least.
Despite all these weird feelings, I am looking forward to getting down to business and I've discovered that one of the first modules is on 'adaptation', so like literature adaptations to the big screen, which was one of the aspects I was most looking forward to. It's a scary time at the moment for so many different reasons, but it's also pretty exciting.

Blogging wise, I have been checking up on all my favourite blogs, commenting occasionally and generally hiding in the blogosphere (I think I have decided that Lucy - I know she is my blogging friend but parting that - from Queen of Contemporary has my favourite blog. I'm a bit jealous). I have been reading so much while trying to not be downhearted by the fact that Goodreads keeps reminding me that I'm 7 books behind my target for this year *shakes fist*.
I think the problem is that I keep getting distracted when writing posts. I'm literally halfway through about 4 reviews hidden in my drafts and as time goes on, I keep forgetting what I thought of the books (I'm such an old lady at times)! So I'm hoping that when things settle down and I start the term properly in two weeks time (Two weeks worth of freshers...I am going to hide), I'll get into the flow again. At the beginning of the year, I had a review every single week which is how it should be. I'm sorry guys with the turbulent times at Rebecca-Books this year, it hasn't been a good'un but I promise that, if you hang in there, everything will go back to normal SOON.
I'll leave you in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger - I'll be back. 

5 comments:

  1. Eek! Good luck at uni, I hope you enjoy it. And find lots of lovely bookish people! As for Goodreads, I am 33 books behind, so YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Just try and have fun at uni, meet lots of people and settle in! We'll still be here when you come back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your time getting settled and sorting yourself out. We'll still be here! Good luck at uni and don't stress too much about your Goodreads goal! There's for more important things in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am back on this beautiful blog. It's been quite some time since I gave you an update, analysis or opinion. It's not that there was nothing to write about, but there was too much on my plate. blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries, I feel you completely! It's my third year at university, and each year it's the same old from me. However, you always were more dedicated to your blog, so I'm sure when you're properly settled, you'll pick it right up again!
    Much love! X Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey nice post I love your style of site hare please visit my blog and post a comment http://wallpaper002.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*