Saturday, 7 September 2013

On My Bookshelf (42)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

I haven't done one of these in what seems like ages. I haven't actually bought that many books this month, as I've been working so much. Although as I left Waterstones this week (and therefore, no more discount), I went on a bit of a rampage around one of my local stores (More on leaving Waterstones later in the week hopefully).

Bought:

- It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini - I've had this recommended to me time and time before especially for 'fans of John Green'. I think it's going to be like The Fault in our Stars 2.0 reading the blurb, although hopefully not as sad, as in 'tears-streaking-down-my-face' sad.

- LegendProdigy by Marie Lu - For those that have been followers of my blog for a while, you'll know that I was only introduced to this series this year and by an utter surprise, I was amazed by how good this series is and how under appreciated it is too. So when I spotted them on my huge book buying rampage, they went straight into my basket (I actually think they're better than The Hunger Games...)

For Review:


- Resist by Sarah Crossan - I read Breathe last year after spotting it in my library and was blown away by how good it was and how original a dystopia is was. So when I saw Resist, the sequel available on Netgalley, I requested it without a thought. This looks really good, hopefully this will be as good as it's predecessor (still desperately trying to remember what happens in Breathe as it's been so long). 

Reviews by these authors:
Legend - Marie Lu
Prodigy - Marie Lu
Breathe - Sarah Crossan


What did everyone else receive? Leave a comment with your link so I can check your out!

3 comments:

  1. Breathe was good. So I'm hoping Resist will be just as good, if not better. Nice haul.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky! You have Legend. I really want to start that series as I have heard such high praise for it. I've never heard of Resist!!!

    - Francoise
    My Crazy Bookish World
    http://mycrazybookishworld.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to pick up Progidy! I loved Legend, now I need to catch up with the series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*