Sunday, 30 June 2013

On My Bookshelf (40)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea



Library:
- Prodigy by Marie Lu  - When I finished Legend (the first book in this series), I was hooked and due to the cliffhanger ending, I needed to know what happened next soon. And gladly, Prodigy has only recently come out in the UK and was BRAND NEW to the library so I was able to grab a copy straight away. So looking forward to this one!


- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - Unless you've been living under a rock or away from the Internet, everyone has been talking about this book. I was a bit dubious when I saw it at work. I mean, aliens? I like some science-fiction but I normally draw the line at alien invasions because they're always a bit...out there (and no-one can beat War of the Worlds). So when I heard the amazing, stunning reviews for this, I still was a bit unsure whether it would be a personal thing for people on how much they liked it. I've heard some negative reviews now, so I'm going into this book open-minded. Let me know what you think of this book if you've read it!



Have you read either of these books? What did you think of them - good or bad? 
Leave your links so I can check out your own hauls!


Reviews by these authors:

11 comments:

  1. Wow what lovely new books! I'm not sure about the 5th Wave either but will give it a go. War of the Worlds is such a classic though. I've never read Marie Lu but heard good things about that series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5th Wave is really good! I actually convinced one of my non-reading friends to read it and he's loving it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not read either of these, but The 5th Wave is supposed to be awesome. Can't wait to see what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed The 5th Waves and I loved Legend so I really need to get around tor eading Prodigy! Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started Prodigy - so good so far, better than Legend I think. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Need to read The 5th Wave!!! I'm getting it for my birthday, so excited. I haven't read Prodigy but Legend sounds good. Awesome Haul, Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed The 5th Wave! I gave it 5 stars but I have heard some people not liking it too. It is best to go into it with neutral feelings :) I have never read a book about aliens before reading it so I was slightly apprehensive, but it blew me away!

    I have Legend and Prodigy on my TBR pile and I am going to read them both soon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's the mixed reports that make me nervous. But then everyone has different tastes in books or music or whatever. Glad that you liked it.
      You need to read Legend - it's so worth it :)

      Delete
  7. I loved The 5th Wave and I love Marie Lu's series! Can't wait for book 3 <3

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your library has The 5th Wave?! It must be really good! I have it on my shelf but am not sure if I want to read it just yet. It has so much to live up to!

    Happy reading, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read these two books. Heard good things about The Fifth Wave. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*