Sunday, 9 June 2013

On My Bookshelf (39)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

I haven't done one of these since March! I thought I would ease myself back into blogging with a meme because I love showing off the books I've acquired, seeing what others have got, sharing our recommendations - I really missed it actually in my break.
Essentially, these books were brought this week. The day after my last exam, which was a total disaster (tears happened is all I shall say on the matter), I decided that my first day of freedom would be spent doing some retail shopping most importantly in Waterstones with my staff card. So that is what I did, running around the shop looking for the books I have been waiting for read for a long time and shoving them into my basket before a second thought.




- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - First off, THAT name has got to be the best name ever to have. It's so pretty and original! I bought this book because of SO many of the glowing reviews I've seen for it topped with the short review I read by Iffath from painting with words on Goodreads summed up the need to buy this book. 

- Theodore Boone: The Activist by John Grisham - Right, okay, this is one of those books I need to justify sometimes. Basically, this series are discovered by my best friend, Georgia. She was like 'Ah they're so great and Theo is such a good protagonist' and considering this is about Theo wanting to be a lawyer and she herself is aspiring to be a lawyer, I didn't think I would like this. Until, I looked at my blog archive and I realised I'D READ THE BOOK AND LOVED IT. And ever since then, I think we have become the only two fans of this series. I don't know anyone else that likes them...
So this is the new book in the series. And my excitement to read it is indescribable. 

- The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen - Sarah Dessen is one of those authors where whatever she writes, however bad the reviews may be for it, I WILL buy it and KNOW I will enjoy it. This is her new book and I had to stop myself from both squealing and rushing up to grab a copy, mostly because there was a guy nearby who I vaguely knew. I did the whole 'Look at phone, look at book, oh yeah this is for my...sister?' - then runs away in happiness

- Dusk by Eve Edwards - I've read her series set in Tudor times which I can thoroughly recommend! It wasn't until a few weeks ago when I found out that she was releasing another book through Clover at Fluttering Butterflies and then Lucy at Queen of Contemporary reminded me the other day. So when I saw this, the book entered my growing basket without thinking - I know I will enjoy this new series.



AND THOSE ARE MY NEW SHINY BOOKS. 

Have any of you read them and if so what did you think? Leave your links to your own memes for me to check out this week! 


Reviews by these authors:

8 comments:

  1. Eleanor & Park is so good! It's one of the loveliest, most bittersweet books I've read all year. And The Moon and More is really great, too! Not read the other two, but Dusk looks great as well :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back! Haha. Really awesome haul. I'm doing a buddy read of Eleanor and Park and I can't wait to read it, it just looks so good! Any Sarah Dessen book is praised in the blogosphere and The Moon and More looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Sarah Dessen is one of the best authors I've come across and she is consistently good. Totally recommend her :)

      Delete
  3. I'm dying to read Eleanor and Park and I'm reading The Moon and More at the moment and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog. Please follow mine, it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading Dusk at the moment and am loving it. Maybe not as good as The Lacey Chronicles but it has potential and, anyway, I'll read anything Eve Edwards writes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eleanor and Park looks so cute! I can't wait to hear your opinions on it. Enjoy the books, you deserve them after working so hard! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*