Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Tuesday Top Ten: Books that should be made into a movie

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This is a repeat of one I did when I started doing this meme last year (see here for my previous one). I do love book adapations - I mean who doesn't love to see their favourite books and characters brought to life? My problem is that sometimes it does ruin this amazing world that we can only invent in our heads. 
Here is my list of books I would LOVE to see (and can imagine) being made into movies...


1. Shadow Web - N.M.Browne - I will always stand by this one and my thoughts that it should be made into a film. Every time I re-read it, I can always imagine it so vividly in my head that I want to see it on screen. I can imagine the characters, the setting and I think it would make a great movie. This is such an under-awarded book and deserves to be made into a movie. So much. (review)


2. Audrey, Wait - Robin Benway - There are parts of this book that reminded me of the teenage dramas I watched when I was younger like Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Saved By the Bell (totally showing I am a 90's kid right now...). There are moments when I was reading I could see this in a successful movie form - a teenage comedy perhaps with all the humour and mishaps in this book but with a lovely satisfying ending. One of those 'well-good-films'... (review)


3. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares - David Levithan and Rachel Cohn - so another 'well-good-film' that I can see being a teenage comedy with the sights of New York featuring every minute. Let's say it, The Strand IS a real place, therefore, it could be done. I would go to see this movie for the laughter and to see New York in general. Oh Dash... (review)


4. The Fault in our Stars - John Green - so I read somewhere when I finished this book, that a movie was in preparation, I think John Green sold the film rights for this book which is pretty awesome. I think this would be much like the book is itself if done well in movie form  with the mixtures of heart-wrenching moments, laughing your socks off and then, on the edge of your seat wanting to know exactly what happens. All I know is I would love to see a real Augustus Walters. (review)


5. Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler - although I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted, throughout reading I could again see it as this perfect summer watch for us teenagers with a nice moral at the end. Anyone else? (review)


6. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac - Gabrielle Zevin - This is another of those films much like Speak that gives you an insight into American high school life. I think this has been made into a movie in Asia (with Emma Roberts as the only English speaking character in it) so it would be good to be made into an English/American speaking movie. I can imagine it and it obviously can be done - I think this would be really popular... (review)




Books that have been/are going to be made into films:
- Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen (review)   (film review)
- An Education - Lynn Barber (review)
- Becoming Jane (This is a lot like Cassandra's Sister by Veronica Bennett)
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne (review)   (film review)
- Girl with the Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier (review)   (film review)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky (review)
- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins (review)
- Speak - Laurie Halse Andersen (review)   (film review)
- The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness (review)
- Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck (review)

8 comments:

  1. Yours is the second list with Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. I still haven't read that one. But I think I'm going to have too! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fault in our Stars would make such an amazing movie- so long as they get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.

    I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info.
    Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.
    Look at my webpage ... accessori barche

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm going to start my own blog
    in the near future but I'm having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm
    looking for something unique. P.S Sorry
    for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
    Also visit my page ... contractors Orlando

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know
    a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure
    why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.
    Also visit my web page - Western Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good respond in return of this difficulty with genuine arguments
    and describing the whole thing concerning that.
    My website: Trick Photography and Special Effects

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot
    about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message
    home a bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog.
    An excellent read. I will definitely be back.
    My page > click the next web page

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hardly leave a response, however i did a few searching
    and wound up here "Tuesday Top Ten: Books that should be made into a movie".

    And I do have 2 questions for you if you do not mind.
    Is it just me or does it appear like a few
    of these remarks appear like written by brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I would like
    to follow everything fresh you have to post. Would you list of every one of all your
    public sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?
    Also see my webpage - view this site

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*