Friday, 30 December 2011

On My Bookshelf: Christmas Edition (12)

This meme is inspired by the similar meme, 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren  (I don't have a Mailbox...)

As Christmas has just past, I, of course being a book lover, got quite a few books in my stocking. So here they are (all links lead to Goodreads):

For Christmas:
These were from my best friends.
- The World of Downton Abbey - Downton Abbey is my ALL TIME FAVOURITE SHOW on TV at the moment, closely followed by Doctor Who. If you haven't watched it, I would certainly recommend it. It's like a cross between Upstairs, Downstairs and Hollyoaks - soap-ish but not too soap-ish - and in period costume.
- Elegance by Kathleen Tessaro - this is from my friend Tijana who describes me as elegant. I appreciate it, but when I look at my clumsiness, I cringe, so yeah, maybe a little. ANYWAY, when she read this book, she was reminded of me so wanted to get it for my birthday - but couldn't find it. And now I have it! It looks great and you never know, it may stop my clumsiness.

These are from my parents and grandmother.
- Anne Frank Remembered by Miep Gies - the thing that interested me about this book was that it was written by Miep Gies who has more of an insight into Anne Frank than most people. This seemed an interesting novel to read and I'm quite looking forward to this one. 
- Velvet by Mary Hooper - I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR CHRISTMAS FOR THIS ONE. Finally.
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - To add to my John Green collection, this looks really good and my mum was even like 'Oh I might read this one, this looks funny'


Bought myself:

After my parents couldn't find the Hunger Games trilogy box set I had put on my Christmas list, I bought them myself with my own money and a discount so happy days. I love these new covers, they're so simple and unique. 
So here are The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay - The Hunger Games Trilogy


What about you guys? What books did you get for Christmas?

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, they all look lovely :-) I also received An Abundance of Katherines, I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH!! My favourites series are Downton Abbey (Sybil and Branson) and Glee, I love it.

    I'm from Spain and I love London (L).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy: haha really? That's funny :)

    Rose: Hello! Oh my, I love them. And Mary and Matthew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fantastics too. I like your blog, when I'm bored I read your blog xD I don't understand everything but I try it. This is so funny =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thank you so much, I really appreciate it. If you don't understand what I'm saying or if I mention something, let me know and I'll tell you :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*